This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#334 by mdvipond
27 Feb 2004, 16:13
First posting from a regular visitor. I'm flying UC, LGW-ANU on 17th April. Can't find any info regarding lounge access at Antigua. Hope this doesn't mean what I think it does... Anyone know better?
#26161 by Bazz
27 Feb 2004, 16:45
Hi mdvipond and welcome aboard,

I am not sure what arrangements VS make for their UC pax at ANU but I did have a look on the Priority Pass website to see if they have a lounge, unfortunately none are listed. I am sure someone will post a more helpful answer to your question.
#26163 by jaguarpig
27 Feb 2004, 17:05
Could be like St Lucia where there are no lounge arrangements for UC pax at all.
#26164 by BlackCat
27 Feb 2004, 17:11
There is a land side lounge at Antigua (it has "VIP lounge, no entry" written on the door!). The lounge is on the first floor adjacent to the cafe and has some comfy sofas, reading matter and a TV. Someone will come in and take orders for drinks, and will bring in some cheese and crudites as well.

One useful tip: remember to leave plenty of time to get through security since routinely the line snakes outside along the taxi rank.

BC
#26166 by mdvipond
27 Feb 2004, 17:23
Wonderful news BlackCat. Many thanks. We'll make sure we take heed of your advice on getting through security on time as well. Almost got caught out like that at BGI last year!

Had time to read your trip report since my original posting. Sounds fine and dandy. Fuels dreams of warmer climes to come on a snowy Friday afternoon...
#26194 by Nick
29 Feb 2004, 03:19
Not quite on topic - just thought I would mention that it is possible to arrive at the airport and then there is no queue at all at security.

Mrs Nick and I went to Antigua for our holiday last year and were able to do the "Check-in and Chill out" at our hotel (i.e. check in on the morning of the flight, and have bags taken to the airport). We went on a last minute tour of the island with my cousin, and 25 minutes before take-off time (!!!!) we were still at the other end of the island! Arrived at the airport 5 minutes before the plane was due to "push-back" (my cousin thinks she is Colin McRae), no queue at security, in fact the only queue was the last 10 people waiting at the door of the plane!

Enjoy your holiday - Antigua is great!
#26197 by Bazz
29 Feb 2004, 11:53
quote:Originally posted by Nick
Arrived at the airport 5 minutes before the plane was due to "push-back" (my cousin thinks she is Colin McRae), no queue at security, in fact the only queue was the last 10 people waiting at the door of the plane!

Hi Nick,

Those ten people were the crew wondering where the hell their last two pax were! ;)
#26198 by db1
29 Feb 2004, 13:45
When you do the check in chill out service, what time do they come and pick you up before your flight? How long do you get in the airport? Never done a b&s route before.
#26201 by Nick
29 Feb 2004, 14:58
>Bazz :D

Besides it turned out we weren't the last to get to the plane - the pilot for our 747 was still in St Lucia so we had a small delay whilst we waited for him to arrive and clear immigration.

>db1

There's not a lot of difference in pick-up time between a check in chill out, and conventional airport check-in. The difference is not having to look after all your luggage all day after you have probably checked out from your hotel room, and removing one (usually very big) queue at the airport. (Obviously you will have to ask somebody else about how much time you actually get in the airport;))
Virgin Atlantic