This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#340 by vsdan
29 Feb 2004, 15:08
Hi, just wondering, I have recently returned from my trip on New York and flying with Virgin for the first time in Economy (fab airline!). As we flew out and into Heathrow, on boarding we saw the large bar (don't UC passengers get even more spoilt on Virgin!?) and was wondering, the Gatwick planes don't have a proper bar as yet as the cabin is smaller, but, when they have the UC Suite, will they have the large cabin like the LHR planes along with the bar. It would be great, because, every UC passenger can get a bar then. Anyone know?

Thanks very much.
#26204 by mitchja
29 Feb 2004, 15:26
Hi vsdan

Not sure but I think Virgin would probably install bars on the LGW routes - maybe a smaller bar though. Dont think Virgin would want to sacrifice any PE or Economy rows on the LGW routes - there would be no need for as many UC suite seats though.
PE fills the whole upper deck on LGW routes which is always full so I doubt if Virgin would install UCS seats in the front half of the upper deck like the LHR 747's
#26206 by mcuth
29 Feb 2004, 15:59
Dan

OT, but Welcome back - don't forget your trip report ;)
#26207 by BlackCat
29 Feb 2004, 17:28
The LGW planes are apparently only getting the suite in the nose (Zone A) section. This will mean that either the existing bar area (more of a shelf) will remain, or that they may even replace this with a couple more seats. PE seems always to be overbooked on the B&S routes due in no small part to the good deals through VH, so you can perhaps see the logic.

BC
#26231 by vsdan
29 Feb 2004, 23:54
Thanks. If Premium is fully booked, then I suppose it makes sense to keep the same amount of seats. I suppose Economy and Premium are more popular than Upper Class on LGW than on LHR routes.
mcuth, thanks for reminding me. Well anyway, for now, I'll just tell you that they were great, even for Economy!
Thanks.
#26260 by David
02 Mar 2004, 09:56
quote:Originally posted by BlackCat
The LGW planes are apparently only getting the suite in the nose (Zone A) section. This will mean that either the existing bar area (more of a shelf) will remain, or that they may even replace this with a couple more seats. PE seems always to be overbooked on the B&S routes due in no small part to the good deals through VH, so you can perhaps see the logic.

BC

Does this mean that rows 11 and 12 will be left with the original seats, and if so will there be 4 classes. ie econ. prem/econ. upper without suites (cheaper) and upper with suites?

Or will they replace seats in the upper deck to match the recaro seats fitted in 11 and 12.

Thanks

David
#26273 by BlackCat
02 Mar 2004, 12:21
I assume that rows 11 & 12 will be replaced with 3-4 rows of economy. VS will definitely not dilute Upper Class by having a cheap version. So the LGW planes will be Zone A (nose) Upper Class, Upper deck PE (as at the moment) and the rest as Economy.

BC
#26303 by Bazz
03 Mar 2004, 10:56
BC do you think they may turn it into more PE seating as PE appears to be gaining popularity?
Virgin Atlantic