This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#357 by TJ
03 Mar 2004, 15:29
Hi,

I just wanted to ask a question about requesting specific seats (I've never made a pre-check-in seat request before).

Are there certain seats that you cannot pre-book? Also, if I pre-book a seat, am I garunteed to get that seat? They won't allocate it to some-one else come check-in? [?]

Thanks.

TJ
#26312 by Bazz
03 Mar 2004, 16:29
Hi TJ,

As a rule of thumb, when seat allocation opens for a flight, you can't reserve exit or bulkheads. Some other seats may also be 'pre-assigned' and others may not be available for allocation.

Ordinarily you will get your assigned seat, if an aircraft goes tech or is replaced for some other reason, seat allocaton can change. There are other events which can occur which mean you will not get the seat you were allocated but generally you should be Okay.

Just remember seat allocation is not a guarantee, just the same as airlines do not guarantee you will get onto a particular flight even though you hold a valid ticket for that flight.
#26325 by infrequentflyer
04 Mar 2004, 12:11
Hi, can I add a related question. If I decide to "sit it out" and check-in early am I likely to get one of the seats which they will not assign in advance? The seats I am particularly interested in are the twin seats at the back of the 747-400Õs.
#26328 by Bazz
04 Mar 2004, 12:24
Hi InfrequentFlyer,

The rows you refer to 61 through 64 pairs AC and HK can normally be pre-booked once seat allocation opens, sometimes some of these are pre-assigned and are consequently not available for seat allocation.

I have pre-booked 62 HK for my LHR-MIA-LHR trip in June.

If you have not been able to pre-book one of these pairs there may be a chance of VS releasing some at check-in if they have been previously pre-assigned but are no longer required.

Best to pre-book if you can.
#26331 by ghagger
04 Mar 2004, 13:22
Hey guys,

How do I know when I can pre-book my seat? Is it just a case of calling up VS and hoping?

Thanks,

Graham
#26332 by BlackCat
04 Mar 2004, 13:29
Seat allocation opens 180 days before the departure date.

BC
#26334 by CeeJay999
04 Mar 2004, 14:33
I have read on another site that VS allocate so many of the double seats at the 180 day stage but hold some back. These are then released 48 hours before departure.

Colin
Virgin Atlantic