This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#359 by ChuckC
03 Mar 2004, 19:34
Am UC on an LAX/LHR flight VS8 that is scheduled to arrive at 1145. We are transferring to an Air France flight that departs LHR at 1400.

Having not transitted at LHR before, will we have time to stop in Revivals or should we be running to AF gate? Is AF in T-2? What is the procedure to go from LHR VS arrival to AF, i.e. security check, etc. I am assuming our checked bags can go straight on to our final destination (Venice).

Thanks for your help. Regards, Chuck-
#26318 by mitchja
03 Mar 2004, 20:04
Hi Chuck

Air France do use terminal 2. See the LHR website for more info
http://www.baa.com/main/airports/heathrow/index.html

I maybe wrong here but if you are transfering though LHR you wont be able to gain access to the Revivals lounge as the lounge is land side after baggage collecion and security in terminal 3.

Transitting passengers cannot gain acces to land side areas, as you have to go though to the flight connections centre and from there to terminal 2. The flight connection centre has it's own security screening and check-in/ticket transfer desks.

I always fly on up to Manchester from LHR. What I do if I want to use Revivals is only check my bags to LHR, then collect them on arrival there. Then you can access Revivals land side. You will then have to walk to terminal 2 (takes about 20 mins). All terminals are connected via underground walkways. On arrival in terminal 2 you will then have to check your bags in for your AF flight.

Not sure if you will have time though looking at your flight times.

Regards
James
#26382 by ChuckC
05 Mar 2004, 16:37
James,
You can tell I'm new here. Thank you for the information re: use of Revivals. I'll pass it along to my travel partner who's coming in from JFK.

Regards,
Chuck-
#26387 by 747sardine
05 Mar 2004, 16:45
Surely you can check your luggage through to France. If you are an EU citizen then you can go out landside, play in the lounge and then continue over to t2 and get on your plane.

My sister transited through to Paris from Melbourne and found it was quicker to come out of T4, catch the heathrow express to T2 and go through there rather than do the "airside" option.

Doing this as a non-EU citizen could be a little more tricky as you would have to explain to immigration how long you are going to be in the UK - and I think 2 hours might raise an eyebrow or two.
#26388 by 747sardine
05 Mar 2004, 16:46
I forgot - no luggage hauling or re-checking required!
Virgin Atlantic