This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#387 by SashaJade
07 Mar 2004, 20:42
We are flying from Heathrow to L.A. and I pre booked our seats yesterday. I used the seat ratings and went for the seats at the back as there is just my 15 year old daughter and myself and last time we went we had to keep disturbing the man sitting in the aisle seat who never got out of his seat for the whole of the flight except to let us in and out
We have got 62 H&K going out there and 63 A&C coming back. Has anyone had these seats?
#26451 by The_Banking_Scot
07 Mar 2004, 21:02
Hi SashaJade,

Welcome on board.

As you have probably worked it out when prebooking these two rows are only 2 abreast at the side as the aircraft narrows towards the tail.

I have been in those seats before and they are quite good as they normally have an extra space between the window seat and the wall( handy to store some light stuff during the flight.

Regards

TBS
#26453 by Tinkerbelle
08 Mar 2004, 00:42
In my opinion, these are the best seats in economy
#26455 by TJ
08 Mar 2004, 09:42
Hi,

Aren't there issues with the twin seats, such as being last served with food etc as right at back of plane? Or is there a galey right at the back? I've only ever sat around the wing area, so have no idea about the rear layout etc.

The date for pre-booking on my flight to EWR in September is approaching, so I'm not sure whether to go for the twin seats or try to get the front-most bulkhead seats....

TJ
#26462 by Tinkerbelle
08 Mar 2004, 17:39
No, the pax at the back of the a/c are some of the first to be served.

One cart starts at the back, one starts at the front and they work towards each other until they meet
#26464 by Nottingham Nick
08 Mar 2004, 19:04
I agree they are good seats - the downside going west is that you are among the last off the plane and - if immigration is busy, you will be at the back of the long queue.

At least your bags should be waiting for you when you get to the carousel. :)

Nick
#26472 by SashaJade
08 Mar 2004, 20:46
Thanks everyone, we were going to go for row 30 by the window, but the man who pre-booked our seats said there is nothing to look at in front of you and that leg room is a bit tight in that row unless you sit in the middle seats, but my daughter likes to look out of the window.
We are not bothered about being the last ones off as we will be there for 4 weeks and on the way back, who wants to rush off to get home!!
Virgin Atlantic