This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#26822 by ecnirp
16 Mar 2004, 20:39
Do you book your seat via the Virgin Atlantic site?, I am booked on a Virgin Holiday flying from Gatwick to St Lucia in June, is the online booking also available for the bucket & spade routes?
#26839 by si_fitz
16 Mar 2004, 22:59
Thanks for the info freeway. This is great news for all VS travellers! Ok so they limit the seats you can assign yourself, but it'll be interesting to see how well it all works when they get started.
#26872 by BlackCat
17 Mar 2004, 10:09
Well, I've just assigned some seats for LHR-SFO and it worked fine on a retrieved booking. No ability to book the bulkhead though, even for FC Au [:(].

BC
#26883 by Bazz
17 Mar 2004, 12:57
Freeway,

What happened to my questions and your answers and the one fro TJ that were posted in this thread?
#26888 by Bazz
17 Mar 2004, 14:10
OOPS!

That may have been me [:I] I was just shutting down when I noticed you had double posted your last answer so intended to delete the duplicate, must have deleted the topic by mistake!

I'll have to put it down to jet-lag, sorry.

For the record my questions were to do with allocating seats for previously made bookings and whether one could change a seat assignment already made.

Freeway's answers were yes to both questions providing they are compliant with the conditions at the top of this topic.
#26889 by jaguarpig
17 Mar 2004, 14:15
well that works fine just put in the seats for a BOS trip in August.
#26896 by TJ
17 Mar 2004, 14:45
I've just been trying to select seats. I got to the seat map, clicked on my seats. Clicked submit, then I got a new page saying:

We're sorry. We have been unable to access the seat map. Please try again later.

I now get that meesage each time I try to access the seat map button...

Has the system over-loaded?
#26902 by Bazz
17 Mar 2004, 15:07
I think the system may be getting too many hits, being a new feature many people looking at it (myself included ;) ).

I would give it a try a little later on TJ, I doubt there is a major problem.
#26905 by Jaydun
17 Mar 2004, 15:16
Trying to pick my UC seat on (MCO-LGW) VS016 May 17th but the seat plan that comes up is strange and does not reflect the LGW 747 shown on this site, there is no PE on the upper deck and only rows 2-4 up there with a beauty station shown on the lower deck UC??? Any ideas???
#26906 by snoz
17 Mar 2004, 15:16
Slightly worryingly, since this update was implemented, the system seems to have lost my two upcoming bookings (both of which were visible previously)... Still, I don't fly for another week so with a bit of luck they'll fix it before I start to panic!
#26912 by Bazz
17 Mar 2004, 15:30
I believe that there has been a LHR 744 switched onto the LGW-MCO route, so maybe you've been lucky and drawn it - should still show some PE on the UD though, rows 70 through 74.
#26918 by shazam
17 Mar 2004, 15:37
Snoz

I had the same problem, I couldn't see my April flight - that I had been able to see last night.
I put in the booking ref, flight number, date and even though there was still a message that said it couldn't retrieve my flight details, the booking WAS actually there, and I was able to go into the flight details and see my seats (I had already booked them - I just wanted to look at them :D )

Don't panic!!

Shaz
#26920 by snoz
17 Mar 2004, 15:45
Thank the stars for that. I was about to start walking....

Cheers
#26921 by Jaydun
17 Mar 2004, 15:47
Definatly no PE seats on the top deck on the VS 16 Seat Map(though you could not pick any of the seats on the upper deck!) Perhaps the seats maps are not that accurate, though my outbound flight to IAD seems to be correct. Interesting point about the LHR 744 switching to the LGW-MCO route, Bazz do you have any further details on this??
#26926 by TJ
17 Mar 2004, 16:46
I can't even access my booking now!

I've tried searching using every reference number I have and after every search it says there is no booking under my ref numbers etc [:(]

What is going on?
#26927 by mitchja
17 Mar 2004, 16:55
Keep trying......I sometimes have to submit mt booking ref more than once for the system to find it. It's probably beacuse the system is very busy. :)

Online seat maps does look like the first step towards online/self-service check-in which is hopefully not too far away now :D
#26932 by squibber
17 Mar 2004, 17:20
I checked out the new seat assignments on an existing summer reservation. The map came up--as a 747-400,which surprised me as LHR-BOS is nearly always 340-300, and that was the plane confirmed by the agent when I made the reservation.
I'm not sure if I should change that reservation accordingly or treat it as a glitch. The flight seemed to be filling up quickly...[?]
#26934 by TJ
17 Mar 2004, 17:35
Ok, I've managed to get my booking to show up again online etc.

However, it still won't let me select seats. I get to the seating map, choose seats, click 'submit' then get an error page from VS telling me that they can't access the seat map at the moment.

I give up. I'll try again tomorrow.

TJ
#26937 by papadoc
17 Mar 2004, 18:04
I've been trying on and off for the last couple of hours to access my flight details for 6th April on VS045 with no luck. It was Ok yesterday, but now all I get is a message saying that they could not find any booking with that information!

Should I start to worry, or is it just the fact that their system is swamped due to this new service?
#26945 by ecnirp
17 Mar 2004, 20:32
I am booked on a Virgin Holiday to St Lucia in June , departing Gatwick on VS031 and returning VS032.

I have a booking reference for my holiday, but not a confirmaation number or E-ticket, where can I get the booking confirmation number number from so I can book my flight seats online?
#26955 by RedVee
17 Mar 2004, 21:30
Website is now back up and running[8D] - unfortunately seat map facility looks like it's been withdrawn[:(]
#26960 by Ardbroilach
17 Mar 2004, 21:50
According to the website you can only access bookings if your tickets have been issued. Is this correct? I don't fly till September and tickets will not be issued till August.
Virgin Atlantic