This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#27008 by Bazz
18 Mar 2004, 09:55
quote:Originally posted by freeway
Call vs to do it as

A. Vhols dont ticket until 2 weeks before departure. so you don't have a ticket number.

B. Vhols numerical reference is no good you need the VS one, and you would have to call them to get it anyway.

Freeway,

I have two VH hols booked, one in June and one in Sept, yesterday when the seat allocation function was running, I could see all flights and allocated seats on the seat map. I did have the VS booking references to seach on but they were all showing.
#27031 by Bazz
18 Mar 2004, 13:01
Freeway,

quote:Originally posted by freeway
Call vs to do it as

A. Vhols dont ticket until 2 weeks before departure. so you don't have a ticket number.

B. Vhols numerical reference is no good you need the VS one, and you would have to call them to get it anyway.

It was just your comment A. above that I was curious about?
#27033 by Bazz
18 Mar 2004, 13:27
Thanks Freeway for that clarification. I'm sure it will be useful for others to also understand the procedure.

What you suggested is what I did, it was interesting that VS didn't want the VH booking reference to find the flights, just my name and the date/route I was flying. I now have the VS booking reference numbers and (when the feature is working again) assign my seats although I only have the LAX return leg to do which opens this Sunday 21st.
#27049 by TJ
18 Mar 2004, 15:01
Does anyone have any info on when the seat map options are going to be reactivated?

I'm thinking that I'll book seats as close to the exit as possible on the way out to EWR (to get off the plane and through to passport control fast) and then the twin seats at the back of the 744 for the return journey to LHR (more space, quieter, just me and my partner etc).

TJ :)
#27169 by TJ
20 Mar 2004, 15:17
Not sure why the name of this thread has been removed [?]

Anyhow, just used the Seat Map to book seats for my flights to/from EWR in September. Very smooth and user friendly. Well done VS! :)

TJ :)
#27363 by mitchja
22 Mar 2004, 21:12
Just tried changing my UCS seat for VS19 - came up with an error but on logging onto the VS web site a few minutes later, my new seat choice had been confirmed. :)

Hmmmmm Where do I sit [?][?]

So far it's 16K outbound and 16A inbound but that may very well change again before April 18th.

If it's anything like the BA system I'll get 'How many times have you changed your seat [:0]' at check-in!!!
Not likely though been Virgin of course :D
#27404 by Bazz
23 Mar 2004, 10:46
After our flight to LAS my wife has decided she wants the sunny side on our run down to LAX in September, so despite the help from Tinkerbelle and others to identify which side of the aircraft would have the best views of Vegas when we overfly, I have now moved our seats back from 16 and 17 K to 16 and 17 A, which is what we had originally.

We have chosen 18 DG for the reurn leg, (without the partition) but Birkin has worked out I have chosen them to be near the bar and has started hankering for rows 7 or even 6 (at check-in of course). For me it would be too quiet and dark in the nose, I don't sleep much and like to see what's going on, chat to the crew, etc. Maybe I should let her sleep down the front and I can stay at the bar? Decisions, Decisions. :D
#27414 by Decker
23 Mar 2004, 11:44
In those sort of situations we do that - herself up front - me at bar :). Meet some nice people that way (of course they fly VS - they must be :D)
#27424 by Bazz
23 Mar 2004, 13:19
Hi Decker,

On the out-bound I usually stop drinking alcohol at about the half way point (only drinking in moderation!) coz I have about one hours drive at LAX but on the return leg we will be collected so no worries, only my liver :), and it's a good time to natter with the crew when the ships all in darkness and everyones grabbing some zzz's. ;)
#27427 by shazam
23 Mar 2004, 13:47
I feel it is my duty as a loving wife to accompany my husband to the bar to ensure he doesn't overdo it :) OR is it usually me dragging him there! ;) I think the barstools are a bit uncomfortable though - especially when you've been sat on one for 2 hours!

Seriously I think it's great chatting with the crew they are all so nice and always willing to chat. I've never met one person who isn't happy in their work and I think that makes all the difference to the service we receive.

Regarding the best place to sit, since April is our first time in the UCS, I haven't a clue. However I have booked 9/10 A outbound and 9/10 K return. I'm not going to change them again though (we were originally booked in upstairs)

Sigh...I'll just have to keep going and trying different seats until I find the perfect ones. What a great excuse !

Cheers
Shaz
#27438 by Bazz
23 Mar 2004, 14:55
Shaz,

As if you needed an excuse! ;)
#27448 by shazam
23 Mar 2004, 15:24
[:0] I've been rumbled !
Virgin Atlantic