This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#507 by vsdan
20 Mar 2004, 21:07
I know that probably you don't know the correct answer, but do you think that they will start back to Toronto or Chicago.

After our first couple of flights to and from New York, we have always wanted to go to Toronto, and I was really dissapointed to see it go after just 3 months serving it.

I think lots of people would want it, because Virgin is so popular, loads of people I know say 'you can't beat virgin' or 'virgin are the only way to fly' so them going back to Toronto, would be of big benifit. In-fact, there has been a lot of discussion on about VS returning to Toronto on A.net, and Virgin has said they are looking into a few new routes, especially with business demand growing and the UCS.

And, it has been said they are looking at Cuba, Sechelles, Maritious ect. so, it would be great if they started a few places over the next year or two. Plus Sydney! I am glad they are looking at growing their network, maybe in the next few decades, they will be as big as BA!
#27189 by anteo
20 Mar 2004, 22:17
I fondly remember Toronto as my first Upper class trip. The route has great potential as it is both a business destination and one for tourism as well. They would be better serving it from Heathrow than from Gatwick IMO. In 2002 I was planning a trip and would have loved to have flown to ORD but I had to make do with BOS instead :D
#27190 by vsdan
20 Mar 2004, 22:30
Hi Anteo,
I agree, this route does have so much potentional. It would really boosts Virgin's capacity. They could add it with maybe the A346 or if they need a smaller plane for the first couple of months to allow it to grow, a A343 and keep the A346 and 744 for peak times, or when the route is constantly busy, likesome of the New York and Orlando routes.

Regards
#27192 by anteo
20 Mar 2004, 22:39
If they want the route to grow they dont wanna put an A343 on it! They want to show it off with a nice sexy 346 [8D]
#27193 by vsdan
20 Mar 2004, 22:45
You're right! :D. The A346 will be much better than the A343. A346's all have V:Port, new economy and new premium seating, and will be refurbished with the Upper Class Suites. Have of the A343's have Arcadia! (3 are being sold, I think though) and the rest have Odessey (which, is still an excellent system though) but have J2000 in Upper Class, and from what I've heard, some are actually showing age! They are getting a few more A346's and have more options, and are considering more A346's or 777's to replace the A343's.

I just really hope they start back up!
#27196 by anteo
20 Mar 2004, 22:53
Well if you havent been to Toronto you should do! Even if VS dont start up flights any time soon, there are still plenty of decent ways to get there, just not as decent as others ;)
#27204 by Goldenoldie
21 Mar 2004, 07:58
I did use the Toronto flight when on business there or Montreal. Now I fly into BOS and get a flight up into Canada. Takes a little more time but I often stay in Boston overnight and enjoy the city. I would like the option of flying VS to Toronto if this route becomes viable again.
#27274 by The_Banking_Scot
21 Mar 2004, 20:54
Hi
bmi are starting up MAN-YYZ on 25th April ( 4* weekly going to daily from end of May) until October with the A330 ( and VS tier points and miles too:)

Regards

TBS
#27299 by Nottingham Nick
22 Mar 2004, 10:54
Chicago would get my vote in front of Toronto, I love the Windy City - it is my second fave US city after BOS.

Nick
#27304 by Decker
22 Mar 2004, 11:45
Sheesh I just wish New Orleans would take some international flights... what a pain getting there is - IAD then United... at least courtesy of the Star Alliance tip posted recently I can hope for lounge access and upgrades so thanks for that guys and gals!:D
#27347 by RichardMannion
22 Mar 2004, 17:54
Sorry for my absence, I'm out in India working at the moment. Thought I'd check-in and it looks like I ahve some catch-up...

I was booked for the YYZ flights as full fare W was very reasonable, about 950 pounds. However it got pulled and I ended up going to BOS instead.

I still have all my 'moose' promo material for the route at home - would be great if it came back but I heard that the loads were quite light.

Thanks,
Richard
#27349 by mitchja
22 Mar 2004, 18:03
quote:Originally posted by RichardMannion

I was booked for the YYZ flights as full fare W was very reasonable, about 950 pounds.
Thanks,
Richard

Yeah same here - I paid £930 for my full fare W ticket to YYZ
#27530 by bgps
24 Mar 2004, 04:39
Hi:
I'm new to the forum. In regard to the thread about Toronto, I too would love to have Virgin return to YYZ. I flew Virgin to LGW, and it was wonderful. But I think that was the problem. Bot AC and BA fly out of YYZ with a total of 6 flights a day...all full. VIrgin went to LGW. LGW has the rep (whether deserved or not) as an airport where only Charters fly to. This put Virgin in a tough spot. Funny that when the former Canadian Airlines flew to LGW their loads were just so-so. Soon as they moved to LHR their loads went up. I think that if Virgin flew to YYZ from LHR they would do well.
Here's hoping we can get a move a foot to bring Virgin back to YYZ!!
Virgin Atlantic