This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#526 by RichD
22 Mar 2004, 19:22
Dear All

A lurker on here - I fly Virgin with work whenever I go over to the states and probably do 2-3 return trips a year, never really enough to move up to silver flying club.

Off to Orlando in a fortnight on my next escapade with Virgin. I remember chatting to guy before my last flight who had a silver flying club membership and he said how often he gets upgraded. I always ask at check-in if they are doing any upgrades that day because I use a laptop and getting work done in cattle class is tricky and my work are too tight to let me go Premium!. Any tips for an upgrade (other than getting a new job)?! I suppose this question has been asked several times!

Cheers
Rich
#27359 by RichD
22 Mar 2004, 19:38
Marvellous! Thanks!
#27381 by declansmith
23 Mar 2004, 00:34
Make sure your flying club number is in your booking before you get to the airport.

Most upgrades are actioned the night before the flight opens at check in.

FLights are busy now and for the next few weeks due to half term!!
#27386 by pegitt
23 Mar 2004, 01:58
I know this sound's cheeky but do they or have they upgrade people who have book'd a m+m flight in PE:D
Has this happend to anyone[?]
#27390 by Pete
23 Mar 2004, 02:32
It can happen, as I have been upgraded even on full reward flights. I guess it just depends on your status (ie, colour of your bit of plastic) and what their requirements are in moving people up on a particular day. Best way to get an upgrade is always to offer hard cash, though. Freebies are getting rarer as demand is growing for the premium cabins.

Pix
#27499 by pegitt
23 Mar 2004, 20:24
Thank's pix
will it cost alot to upgrade to uc will they want more point's as well as cash[?]
Virgin Atlantic