This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#25207 by Bazz
09 Jan 2004, 13:41
I have now booked my UC ticket and my TA managed to get me a price of £2K so I can't complain. :)

I didn't feel I could wait too much longer as my wife's reward ticket on VS7/8 is already in the system, seat allocation opens 8 March and we would prefer to sit together. Although if the suites are installed by then and VS say they should be, sitting together doesn't really work anymore does it?

We will probably look at booking lower deck in the nose for LHR/LAX and try for upper deck (sleep zone) on return leg. I will watch the Seat Ratings and posts for any helpful suggestions.

Bazz
Still Flying

BTW, we have also upgraded our March LAS trip to PE, so things are looking good. I have gone for row 80 H + K in both directions and will try to get the exit row when we check-in.
#25257 by ChuckC
14 Jan 2004, 15:39
An update on suite "rotation" into the LAX market: it appears from viewing the 3-month history of VS8/VS7 combo that in December G-VTOP was indeed in our market ("apparently", on the 1st and certainly on the 8th). My question is: does this signal the rotation that Bazz and others have referred to, of a SFO-designated Suite-equipped aircraft? Also, I read in another post that someone who is flying LAX/LHR in March was told by VS that suites would likely be installed by then? Any updates from our wise ones? I am salivating at the thought that I may actually see VS7/VS8 outfitted in time for departure May 1st.

Thanks to all.
Chuck-

chuckc
#25259 by Pete
14 Jan 2004, 19:34
Your chances are looking better for your May 1st flight.

Now that G-VFAB (Lady Penelope) and G-VHOT (Tubular Belle) are going under the knife, that's going to mean half the LHR 747s will have Suites.

Pix
#25261 by ChuckC
14 Jan 2004, 20:50
Thanks, Pix. You obviously have a good information source. I did not know about the two new reconfigurations.

Regards,
Chuck-

chuckc