This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#27461 by Bazz
23 Mar 2004, 16:51
It can and does happen! Usually with the offer of suitable compensation. I have read about this recently somewhere but can't think where?

Anybody else?
#27462 by Decker
23 Mar 2004, 16:54
Apologies - did a search on the forum and found this from a VERY recent thread...

quote:
To answer the other question, yes, the displaced UC pax were frequently told they would get refunds, only the airport staff werent authorised to do it- they would have to write to customer relations. This seemed to be the main grating point actually. I dont know what the refund would be from UC to PE but I was seated next to a couple who were booked in PE on the cancelled flight and they had been downgraded to economy with a refund of £200 per person

RTFM[:(]
#27465 by Nottingham Nick
23 Mar 2004, 17:08
When I went to BOS in Feb 04, I was told when I was checking in that economy was full - PE was oversold by I think 25 and there were 5 spare seats in UC.

Unless there were a lot of UC / PE no shows there were going to be a number of unhappy people that day.

Nick
#27470 by Decker
23 Mar 2004, 17:18
That makes sense of the Au promise that if you fly economy and book three days before they'll guarantee you a seat! Ahhh did wonder! Fanx (tara (sorry - will mean nothing to non Northerners of a certain age :)))
#27474 by Bazz
23 Mar 2004, 17:21
With the freebies that VS offer, it is not normally a problem getting sufficient people to agree to be bumped.
#27475 by Bazz
23 Mar 2004, 17:22
quote:Originally posted by Decker
Apologies - did a search on the forum and found this from a VERY recent thread...

quote:
To answer the other question, yes, the displaced UC pax were frequently told they would get refunds, only the airport staff werent authorised to do it- they would have to write to customer relations. This seemed to be the main grating point actually. I dont know what the refund would be from UC to PE but I was seated next to a couple who were booked in PE on the cancelled flight and they had been downgraded to economy with a refund of £200 per person

RTFM[:(]

Knew I read it somewhere [:I] ;)
#27478 by JonBuck
23 Mar 2004, 17:24
I've seen this kind of thing happen a few times on the LAS flight. A few people have been quickly ferried to LHR and put on the LAX flight and then flown/driven from LAX/LAS. I assumed that these were either UC or possibly PE passengers rather than Economy.
#27486 by mitchja
23 Mar 2004, 17:45
On my first ever Virgin flight from MAN - MCO way back in the dim and dark past, the aircraft went tech so a smaller aircraft was put on this route, therefore more people than seats so I was offered £150 (I think) to be flown down to LGW and fly to MCO from there.

I've never been down-graded but did read somewhere about a person who was in an J2000 UC seat which failed and collasped mid-flight and as UC was full they had to be down-graded to either PE or Economy. Think he got a free UC flight next time.
Virgin Atlantic