This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#539 by mitchja
23 Mar 2004, 20:43
Following on from a previous post just wondering how many blokes flying UC have had or would have an in-flight massage [?]

Again I've no worries and have one every time, usually a full back and shoulders massage - touch wood to date I've never been missed.

Always makes me smile when the in-flight beauty therapist comes round asking if any treaments are required and lots of people (especially guys) decline with a puzzled or bewildered smile!
#27504 by The_Banking_Scot
23 Mar 2004, 20:56
Hi,

I have had a number of massages on board ( and a couple of hand treatments) and am completely comfortable with it.

Regards

TBS
#27507 by Nottingham Nick
23 Mar 2004, 21:13
I will admit to politely declining during my limited UC travels [:I]

My wife has always accepted though:)

Nick
#27518 by Pete
23 Mar 2004, 22:53
I'm always up for a massage - and there's nothing like that feeling just before nodding off. Very relaxing.

Pix
#27532 by Decker
24 Mar 2004, 07:15
Embarrassed by back massages[?]. I was only annoyed when 9/11 meant an end to in-flight manicures ;) - no more sharp objects!
#27543 by mcuth
24 Mar 2004, 09:34
quote:Originally posted by mitchja
Following on from a previous post just wondering how many blokes flying UC have had or would have an in-flight massage [?]

I don't have any problem with gorgeous girls wanting to [COUGH] relieve my tension [COUGH] ;)

I was in line for one on my last SFO return when I upgraded to UC, but there wasn't time. Am hoping to use my priority pass when I come back on VS04 on 04/04/04, but am booked in PE and there are no miles upgrade seats left (although the guy I spoke to yesterday said that it looks like they'll be looking for upgrades if I get to JFL early :))
#27555 by jaguarpig
24 Mar 2004, 10:39
I aways decline saying I am beyond help come on guys theres a free bar to sit at.:D
#27564 by Decker
24 Mar 2004, 11:33
Depends on direction and as others have observed - hire car or being met :)
#27636 by BlackCat
24 Mar 2004, 21:13
I always ask for the massage. But when flying alone when the beauty therapist comes round before take off I just flirt mildly and ask for a "get out of jail free" card so I can pamper the Kitten with priority treatment on the next flight. :)

BC
#27645 by Decker
24 Mar 2004, 21:36
quote:Originally posted by BlackCat
so I can pamper the Kitten with priority treatment on the next flight. :)

Sweeeet! (Funnily my wife is the one who won't get the treatments :))
#27738 by RichardMannion
25 Mar 2004, 16:40
Oh yes - always try and get a back and shoulders massage. Very nice!

Thanks,
Richard
#27740 by Decker
25 Mar 2004, 16:47
quote:Originally posted by RichardMannion
Oh yes - always try and get a back and shoulders massage. Very nice!

But if everyone did that the poor loves would be off work with RSI - try and alternate with hand massages to give them a rest! :) has anybody ever had a male beauty consultant? Do they exist?
#27743 by shazam
25 Mar 2004, 17:06
I always have the hand and arm reflexology. I tried the back and shoulders once but I was so ticklish I kept laughing out loud. The girl had to stop - I was in danger of disturbing the people around me :D

Shaz
#27744 by mitchja
25 Mar 2004, 17:10
quote:Originally posted by shazam
I always have the hand and arm reflexology. I tried the back and shoulders once but I was so ticklish I kept laughing out loud. The girl had to stop - I was in danger of disturbing the people around me :D

Shaz

Yep - I've been there too, I had to take a breather to compose myself
#27809 by csparker
26 Mar 2004, 11:26
Last time I flew, there appeared to be a limit to one treatment per round trip. I had a haircut in the lounge at LHR, and when booking the in-flight massage (no shame or giggles from me) the therapist took my name and asked me if I was the person who had the haircut and said that this would probably mean I wouldn't get treated.

This might also explain the therapist's downbeat reaction on a previous flight when I had the lounge haircut and then produced a priority card in-flight.
#27811 by Decker
26 Mar 2004, 11:38
Suspect it is less a limit than an attempt to look after as many passengers as possible fairly :). On a full flight they can't get round everybody once so...
#27816 by jaguarpig
26 Mar 2004, 13:04
Inflight and ground treatments are totally separate and its one treatment per leg not per round trip.Wife has had hair done in the clubhouse and had a inflight treatment there and back on several occasions.
Virgin Atlantic