This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#614 by randalf
29 Mar 2004, 12:32
I've asked something similar before, so forgive me for repeating myself (must be getting old!) but I have a question about flying with BMI.

Now, if I book a flight from LHR to MAN I'll be due some FC miles, but if I'm a DC member too these miles could also be transferred to a DC account. At what point can I ensure that the miles for the flight end up in my FC account instead? Is it just a matter of handing over my FC card at check-in?

Cheers,

Darryl
#28064 by mitchja
29 Mar 2004, 12:47
Hi Darryl

It's up to you which account you add to the booking but in either case you would need to include the frequent Flyer account number at the time of booking and show the relavent card at check-in.

I'm in a similar situation as I took up the *A status match promo so enroled in Silver BMI DC.

I have a BD MAN-LHR-MAN coming up but I'm sticking with having my FC account with this flight booking.

I guess it depends on what class or what fare you have booked. I'm in business class so I will get 1 FC tier point and 1000 miles per sector. No FC tier points are rewarded with BD economy flights on domestic routes and depending on economy fare you'll earn either 500 or 250 FC miles.

Hope this makes sense and helps

If booking BD flights online you will need to ring BD to add your FC account to the booking.

Regards
#28091 by randalf
29 Mar 2004, 17:07
Yeah, that all makes sense - thanks!

Will just have to remember to call BD customer services if I book online then, is all :)
#28115 by onionz
29 Mar 2004, 19:59
A quick point James - do you realise your Business class seat may qualify for the 5,000 bonus miles offer which is part of the status match promotion? If it does qualify, wouldn't it be more prudent to use the DC card, especially as BMI miles can be used to buy VS flights anyway?

I think C or D are the two classes which would earn you the bonus miles here.