This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#78 by raykirk_747
22 Dec 2003, 02:31
Date 18/12/2003
Author Andrew Fraser
Source The Australian -- Page: 20
Australian airline, Virgin Blue, did not have a smooth start. The UK parent company was not enthusiastic about an Australian domestic airline. It was in partnership with Singapore Airlines, which has a financial interest in Air New Zealand. Entrepreneur Sir Richard Branson was the impetus, but he nearly changed his mind just before the public announcement. In 2001, the airline was nearly sold to Air New Zealand for $A250 million. After speaking with radio announcer, Derryn Hinch, Branson publicly tore up the cheque.

Raymond Kirk
#25146 by Pete
22 Dec 2003, 03:00
Wow, you learn something every day :)

Ray, I've created a new category (Virgin Group) and forums for Virgin Blue, Virgin USA & Virgin Express. Given your interest and expertise on Virgin Blue, I'm guessing you'll be a frequent poster :)

Pix.
#25148 by raykirk_747
22 Dec 2003, 03:48
quote:Originally posted by pixuk
Wow, you learn something every day :)

Ray, I've created a new category (Virgin Group) and forums for Virgin Blue, Virgin USA & Virgin Express. Given your interest and expertise on Virgin Blue, I'm guessing you'll be a frequent poster :)

Pix.

Thank you Pix

Raymond Kirk