This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#838 by DBAREHAM
12 Apr 2004, 11:49
Ok, BEar with me on this one. I currently have about 130k miles on my red card. We (the family) are planning to do a 6 week trip to Orlando in July 2006. We normally travel PE. There will be 5 of us - the youngest will be under 2years but our preference is not to have to share a seat (done this before, not much fun).

My wife has about 30k miles on her red card.

So the plan is we want the 5 of us to travel PE and this is the best way of doing this - can you see any flaws in this plan?

Myself and eldest (12 years) will get 2x"free" lgw>mco PE flights on my miles. There is a possibility that the eldest may not travel out with us but would travel back with us.

My wife and the other two kids (6 + 1.8 at time of travel) will book a virgin holiday for the same dates. We reckon that (subject to availability) this is a cheaper way of going PE.

We may actually source a 7 seater hire card seperately as for 6 weeks costs makes a lot of difference

Does any of this make any sense whatsoever

Thanks,

Dave (First time poster!)
#28900 by AlanA
12 Apr 2004, 11:58
Have you looked at buying econ tix and upgrading them to PE?
20,000 miles would allow you 6 upgrades with your miles and one with your wifes.
I have upgraded my son to UC from econ with my miles, so you can do it
#28901 by DBAREHAM
12 Apr 2004, 12:10
Is there a limit on how many upgrades you can do on a single trip?

I've tried doing a dummy booking but with the route being so popular it's difficult to find empty dates!
#28903 by AlanA
12 Apr 2004, 12:28
quote:Originally posted by DBAREHAM
Is there a limit on how many upgrades you can do on a single trip?

I've tried doing a dummy booking but with the route being so popular it's difficult to find empty dates!

Have you tried via the Flying Club telephone number? they are quite flexible (allowed me to go over by 700 miles)
#28904 by DBAREHAM
12 Apr 2004, 12:31
Will give them all call. At the moment I'm just trying to build a list of "things I need to think about!"

Dave
Virgin Atlantic