This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#886 by AlanA
16 Apr 2004, 19:09
OK, I Know they do n ot fly there (yet) but what is the best and cheapest way to get to Hawaii (KOA) flying with Virgin? Who would be best for the onward sector?
Flight prices for BA to Hawaii is £690 :-( plus no VS FF Miles :-( :-(
#29363 by Pete
16 Apr 2004, 19:15
Off the top of my head, I'd go VS LHR-LAX and then Hawaiian from LAX over to the islands. Hawaiian are a partner airline for VS, so depending on the class you could be earning both miles and tier points.

Pix
#29365 by Nottingham Nick
16 Apr 2004, 19:17
We looked at VS to LAX / SFO / LAS then America West for onward flights. Can't remember how they compared price wise, but the VisitUSA fares were very competitive.

I have used America West several times, they are more than adequate plus VS points for flights and tier points for flights that are >2K :D:D

Nick
#29369 by The_Banking_Scot
16 Apr 2004, 19:56
Hi,

I think CO ( Continental) fly from LAX, Delta ( from SFO) also offer VS miles/tier points. Hawaiaan would probably have the most options.

Regards

TBS
#29382 by mcuth
16 Apr 2004, 21:45
quote:Originally posted by The_Banking_Scot
Delta ( from SFO) also offer VS miles/tier points

This is, of course, if the Delta check-in agent realises that VS is a mileage partner - I had real problems with the ones at MCO & SLC not being aware of this (I rang FC last week to make them aware - think the "Airline Liason" person is getting involved :D). Strange thing is, last year they were fine *shrug*

Cheers
#29396 by vs932
17 Apr 2004, 02:24
hi alan,
we offer cosolidated rates to hawaii and so you would get miles plus the added mile per pound spent option. Give our call centre a call for prices not sure if KOA is one of our add on fares but should be able to get you close enough - if not we can look at VUSA fares for you (pix VUSA is the short term for Visit USA tickets if you want to add it to the glossary)

brgds
shaun
#29397 by ChuckC
17 Apr 2004, 03:39
Another advantage of using Hawaiian is that it offers frequent inter-island service throughout the Hawaiian islands.

I just ran a quick check on competing fares via sidestep.com and it looks as though Hawaiian's fare LAX-KOA (1 stop, probably HNL) is $553 and from SFO is $540. DL higher, CO much higher.

Regards,
Chuck-
#29417 by AlanA
17 Apr 2004, 14:00
Thanks everybody, I will check the options out :-)
#29452 by honey lamb
17 Apr 2004, 23:41
I flew to Hawaii last year. My itinerary was LHR-SFO-HNL-KOA-HNL-SFO-LHR. I flew with Delta from SFO to HNL and Hawaiian from HNL to KOA. I got miles and tier points from Delta but not from Hawaiian (I think it was to do with the class I was in.)

The main reason I chose that routing was that my original trip was to SFO and Hawaii was thrown in as an afterthought!! :D
#29454 by TJ
17 Apr 2004, 23:45
I think that Hawaii would be a great addition :)

Perhaps Virgin USA will fly there once it's launched....
Virgin Atlantic