This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#25159 by The_Banking_Scot
23 Dec 2003, 20:29
Hi Annie,

It should be an " Air Atlanta" 747-200. Do not worry as it is in full VS livery and cabin crew( I think with Odessey entertainment system). It would be difficult to tell you were not on a full VS flight ( apart from the TF-XXX registration rather than the usual G-VXXX for Virgin aircraft). Full milage will be earned. No upper class service is on this route ( there is a Club Orlando- Upper Class J2000 seat i think) with PE service.

Regards

TBS

VS FC Gold
#25176 by Ellay
05 Jan 2004, 17:01
I've heard that the Virgin planes flying out of Manchester are very old and the entertainment systems are not good.

What have us Northerners ever done wrong? [:(!] I bet we pay the same price as the southerners do. When is Virgin likely to update our planes?
#25183 by RichardMannion
06 Jan 2004, 23:45
Yes the planes are the older style Boeing 747 - affectionately known as the Classics.

The planes are actually operated by Air Atlanta, they are painted up in Virgin colours as they are they are old Virgin planes.

MAN-MCO is a seasonal route. It won't have the latest Inflight Entertainment system (IFE) but ypou can be sure it will be much better than any other airline serving that route, especially the charter carriers.

As for the price comment - don't know if there is a difference but then as always its local market conditions and demand. Someone that flys return from Manchester to Orlando is not going to pay the same price as someone who flys return from orlando to Manchester.

Thanks,
Richard
#25211 by Annie
10 Jan 2004, 08:48
Hi I understood that Virgin flys from Manchester to Orlando all year round now, and I certainly hope it is better than a Charter as we pay more by going with Virgin. Annie
Virgin Atlantic