This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#942 by Professor Yaffle
20 Apr 2004, 14:25
Hi guys - first post here, as it looks like the entire FlyerTalk Virgin group have decamped to this excellent site.

I am on the VS7 in a few weeks in PE (praying for VPORT to keep me sane for 11 hours :D) Does anyone have any experience of check in at around 9am on a Saturday. Does the separate check-in make the queue manageable, or is it a free-for-all.

Also, any news on Virgin going down the self service check in machine and fast bag drop route?

Cheers, Prof.
#29584 by jaguarpig
20 Apr 2004, 14:36
Welcome Professor Yaffle neaf neaf neuf.
PE check in is excellent and separate from Y so much shorter lines.
#29592 by Nottingham Nick
20 Apr 2004, 16:46
Welcome Professor.

I have just about given up on FT after the revamp that slowed it down, apart from the occasional foray to the VS forum. I find out all I need to know about VS here.

I checked in at LHR a few weeks ago on a Saturday morning - the whole of terminal 3 was a zoo, as it was the first day of the half term holiday.

The VS economy line seemed to go on forever, but there were two parties in front of us at the PE check in:D:D

There were actually more people wating to check in for UC [:0][:0]

Nick
#29618 by RichardMannion
20 Apr 2004, 20:07
To echo Nick's comments:

Separate PE check-in is a huge benefit comapred to the 'zoo' of Economy. And I too have seen that the PE queus are shorter than the UC queues on my last few visits - which does seem odd as there is the obvious drive-thru check-in for msot Upper Class passengers. Oh well.

As for the FlyerTalk stuff, I don't really think it was the original intention. I know that Pix and the others have all been working hard, and are all quite surpirsed at how quickly the site has grown and how popular it has become. Its the people that make the place it is, and fortuantely there are some friendly, frequent flyers that like helping other passengers, oh and a little boy.

Thanks,
Richard
Virgin Atlantic