This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#949 by RichardMannion
20 Apr 2004, 21:02
Just tidying up my files on my machine and forgot I had taken a note of the menu from a recent visit, I do have some dark night pcitures of some of the lounge which I will add to the upcoming Photo Album feature for the site.

LHR Clubhouse
19th March 2004 – Evening Menu

Menu
Buffet Selection
Selection of savoury and sweet dishes are available under the spiral staircase:

Cold
Peppered pastrami
Assorted pies and dressings
Seasonal salads
Green Olives
Thai dim sum with sweet Thai chilli dip
Mixed dough balls
Nachos with dips
Vegetable crudites with dips
Breadsticks and dips
Cheese and biscuits
Fruit fondue

Hot
Soup of the Day - Carrot and Coriander
served with Fresh Bread

Mango and Coriander chicken
served with avocado oil and dauphinoise potatoes

Order from the menu:

Lighter Bites
Clubhouse lamb kofta salad
Lamb kofta on a bed of mixed leaves with chargrilled mixed peppers, red onion and roasted tomatoes drizzled with tsatziki dressing

Authentic Japanese sushi selection
mini salmon nigri, sweet Japanese omelette tamago, prawn pesto nigri, salmon & cucumber hosomaki and salmon & avocado mesago served with gari, soy sauce and wasabi paste

flying club sandwiches
oven roasted lemon & cracked pepper chicken, smoked bacon, lettuce & tomato with salsini matonnaise in a rosemary foccacia

toasted soda bread topped with smoked applewood cheese and chargrilled pear with vincotto oil (v)

smoked Scottish slamon wrapped in a tomato tortilla with coriander, chilli, red onion capers & lime juice

Bigger Bite
Flame Grilled beef burger
served with lettuce, tomato, cucumber & red onion on an onion bap with or without cheese

Naughty but nice
Chocolate cookie pot
choc chip cookies topped with moose and caramel

Ben & Jerry's individual tubs of vanilla ice cream

Thanks,
Richard
#29724 by jaguarpig
21 Apr 2004, 15:10
quote:What - no lamb pies?

Only on the flight and they are very good I think they are on all flights departing LHR at the moment.