For all non-Virgin travel topics, with subforums for popular common themes.
#937666 by SlimpyJones
21 Aug 2017, 09:45
This one had been doing the rounds through the rumour mill for a time but it looks to have been confirmed over the weekend that American are ending their JFK-MAN service to focus more on their PHL hub.

http://www.routesonline.com/news/38/air ... f-20aug17/
New York JFK – Manchester 1 daily seasonal 757 service cancelled

Admittedly it was seasonal only but I imagine this will see a few cheers from Crawley Towers as this means VS are the only airline to offer a business class product between MAN-JFK. The only JFK competition now is Thomas Cook and United who fly to EWR with 757s.
#937667 by mitchja
21 Aug 2017, 10:07
I'm sure I read somewhere that VS are also carrying on the MAN>JFK service over the winter as well, though it's dropping to 3 or 4 days a week over the winter season.

Edit - found the info here
#937688 by horburyflyer
21 Aug 2017, 19:58
VS and TCX have done their best to unseat AA and have succeeded. Great to see VS operating the JFK route over the winter too (albeit with a reduced frequency) leaving AA to concentrate on PHL all year round and bringing the 788 back next Spring on the ORD route.

JFK is doing so well under VS (considering the full flights I have been on) and long may that continue!

Jon
#937694 by horburyflyer
22 Aug 2017, 05:09
SlimpyJones wrote:Agreed!

P.S. Welcome back Jon, not seen you 'round these parts in a while

Thanking you! Good to be back posting too. The VS127/128 & VS109/110 have been keeping me company over the Summer :-D
Virgin Atlantic