For all non-Virgin travel topics, with subforums for popular common themes.
#939188 by Vegascrazy
19 Oct 2017, 07:49
I've applied for this 6 months before my next visit to the US, knowing that getting appointments is often difficult. I've received my conditional approval and gone to select an appointment. The deadline for needing to have attended the appointment is 365 days from date of conditional approval and I must have made an appointment (which can be changed by Feb '18).

However there are only four Enrolment Centres in the whole of USA with appointment slots the week in April I'm there, Niagra Falls, Seattle, Detroit & Miami. None at Las Vegas where I'm going.

Just wondered if anyone else has had the same difficulty?

Thanks
James
#939189 by lifebuoy
19 Oct 2017, 08:02
Hi. Just search daily for a convenient center nearer the time you are there. I have arranged appointments for three of us at different times and haven’t had to wait more than a week or two for an appointment. Availability changes daily through cancellations and additional slots suddenly being added in.
#939191 by Vegascrazy
19 Oct 2017, 08:14
Thanks guys. I’m actually wondering if it’s a case of many places not yet having opened up their calendars for 2018 booking? I’ve looked at loads, Las Vegas included, and there’s not a single appointment from January onwards at any point next year!

I’ve just spotted Zurich is on the list and has loads of slots, so perhaps a hop there on Easyjet will do the trick ;)
#939192 by mitchja
19 Oct 2017, 08:22
The CBC have now also launched 'Enrolment on Arrival' at several airports, details here:

The webpage doesn't format very well though, so I've quoted the text from it:

Enrollment on Arrival
Enrollment on Arrival is a program operated by U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) to allow Global Entry applicants who are conditionally approved to complete their interviews upon arrival into the United States. The Enrollment on Arrival program eliminates the need for a Global Entry applicant to schedule an interview at an enrollment center to complete the application process.

When landing in an international terminal follow the signage directing you to CBP officers who can complete your Global Entry interview during your admissibility inspection. You won’t need any additional documents other than the requisite documents for international travel (e.g., your passport). After completing the process, you will be directed to a short feedback survey to help us improve this new opportunity for Global Entry applicants to Enroll on Arrival from an international trip.

If you would like to save time and effort, then join thousands of other Global Entry applicants who are conditionally approved and participate in Enrollment on Arrival.

Participating Enrollment on Arrival Airports

SFO & SEA are on the list, but not many other airports served by VS so far.
Virgin Atlantic