For all non-Virgin travel topics, with subforums for popular common themes.
#940527 by vizbiz
05 Jan 2018, 19:56
I'm going to Singapore via Dubai (Emirates First Class which will be nice!) in a couple of weeks time and wondered if anyone can give me any pointers on whether either Singapore of Dubai Duty Free (or other places?) are good places to buy Watches - I'm thinking Brietling, Tag etc.

Trip reports to follow.
Thanks!
#940824 by NV43
15 Jan 2018, 19:31
Watches are a personal interest.

I suggest that you make a note of the UK price for the models that you are interested in, convert the price to Dirham and Singapore $ before the trip and update this throughout the trip.

Additionally factor in any charges that will hit your credit card for a non-Sterling purchase.

Check the Duty Free prices on departure, during the stop-over in DXB and, as I'm guessing that this a return trip, on arrival in SIN, as depending on the time you may find the Duty Free watch boutiques open.

I really don't like the Duty Free in DXB but it's likely to be the least expensive.

NV
#940830 by marshy11
16 Jan 2018, 00:02
We've bought several nice watches from Gib. Cohen and Massias offer some excellent prices for Tag, full UK spec and warranty without the highest of price tags. Most can be bought online (they are authorised dealers) for much less than the UK cost without a flight and no taxes to pay.