For all non-Virgin travel topics, with subforums for popular common themes.
#1021 by Jonathan S
26 Apr 2004, 23:36
I've posted into Flyertalk's Singapore forum, but wondered if anyone here can answer one question...

What lounges can I access when travelling Singapore from London/Singapore and Bali as a Virgin Gold?

I'm also a Star Gold - but know I can do Raffles in London I think, and the SATS in Singapore (which apparently Sucks)... but would a VS gold hold any more sway anywhere?

Or I may have to whip out my slightly sexy, slightly 70's priority pass and see what I can do with that puppy.

jonathan
#30374 by 747sardine
27 Apr 2004, 11:52
If you are flying SQ then it does not matter what gold you have (VS, Star, SQ) you get thrown into the SQ Premier (SATS) Lounge at Singapore Airport. You have to fly Raffles Class to get into the Raffles lounge. And yes, the SATS lounge is crap. And I think Priority Pass uses the same lounge...

In Bali, you will no doubt be able to use the Raffles Lounge (if they have one) like at LHR which is not much chop either. In fact, SQ lounges are all pretty average (tried MEL, Honkers, LHR and SIN).
#30439 by Goldenoldie
28 Apr 2004, 06:33
Jonathan

I have copied the info below from the VS website.
cheers
GO

Flying club gold members receive additional benefits (conditions may apply) with Singapore Airlines.

These benefits are:

If you're travelling in Upper Class on Virgin Atlantic, you can access Singapore Airlines' Raffles Class area of the Silver Kris Lounge located in Singapore Changi Airport at terminal 2 and the Raffles Class area of Silver Kris lounges around the world.
Whichever class you fly in, you automatically receive priority standby and priority boarding, plus priority baggage loading and an additional 20kg excess baggage allowance.
flying club gold members travelling on Singapore Airlines in Economy class, can use the Singapore Airlines Raffles (Business) Class check in counters and relax in either their Premier Lounge or the Raffles Class area of Silver Kris Lounges around the world.