For all non-Virgin travel topics, with subforums for popular common themes.
#1049 by jaguarpig
28 Apr 2004, 12:33
Has anyone else had a recent statement from the VS MC that does not show the miles earnt on it.Wifes and mine show nothing at all this month and last month the figures were totally incorrect showing only about 250 miles on each when the charges were much greater on both accounts. The correct miles seem to have been credited to our FC accounts though.
#30468 by TJ
28 Apr 2004, 13:17
I've not had that problem, but I have to say that I dislike the way that they display the miles earned on your statement. It looks kind of retro-fitted onto the standard Virgin MC statement instead of having a purpose designed statement for the FC cards. (does that make sense?)

Perhaps they'll be making improvements later in the year when they launch the seperate branding for the FC cards! :)
#30474 by jaguarpig
28 Apr 2004, 14:00
lets hope so it is a little cobbled together.
#30508 by Nottingham Nick
28 Apr 2004, 18:04
My points total is still shown on the bottom of my statement, though this is never the amount that is put into my FC account - fortunately there are always more going into the account.

The way points are awarded remains a mystery to me - I know that they round down to the pound total on each transaction, so we will never actually get twice the monthly total in points.

Ever since I changed the monthly statement date I seemed to be getting fewer points than I thought I was entitled to. I was just building up to querying it when, last month there appeared to be a 'points dump' of over 4K points that just about brings it back into line.

Has anyone else experienced this?
#30534 by tinyburst
28 Apr 2004, 21:09
quote:Originally posted by Nottingham Nick
Has anyone else experienced this?

I spoken to MBNA about a discrepancy on my statement and they explained that on my account the points are totalled about 4 days prior to the credit card statement being produced. This means that I sometimes have fewer miles credited than I would have expected. It does seem to even its self out over time.

Tiny
#30536 by mitchja
28 Apr 2004, 21:31
The number of miles at the bottom of my statement has always been the same as the number of miles credited to my FC account every month

Regards
#30573 by jaguarpig
29 Apr 2004, 13:33
quote:figures were totally incorrect showing only about 250 miles on each when the charges were much greater on both accounts

When I said the miles showing were around 250 on each account I had nearly 10,000 miles credited to my account and over 4,000 to the wifes these were about the correct figures.The small discrepancies I can appreciate as miles seem to be awarded just on the calender months spend and our statement periods do overlap the end of the month.
Virgin Atlantic