For all non-Virgin travel topics, with subforums for popular common themes.
#205 by mcuth
31 Jan 2004, 18:50
Hi all

Just received my new Amex Gold credit card (to go with the Gold charge card I got the other week :D) - it comes with 1% cashback.
Now, can I get MR on this as well? I know I'd have to pay the £23.50 fee, but I reckon the additional earning power for FC miles would help offset this.

(BTW, isn't it amazing that I can get both AMEX Gold cards within a month, but I still get turned down for the VS Mastercard? [?])

Cheers

Michael
#25471 by mcuth
31 Jan 2004, 18:55
quote:Just received my new Amex Gold credit card

Oh yeah, and do I get a PIN with this for cash withdrawals?

Cheers

Michael
#25844 by mcuth
17 Feb 2004, 21:42
quote:it comes with 1% cashback. Now, can I get MR on this as well?

For reference, no I can't - 'cept their website didn't say that, nor did it object when I registered the card for MR [:(]

Michael

--
Virgin virgin? Try it, you know you wanna :D
#25876 by mcuth
18 Feb 2004, 18:47
Richard
quote:Sorry to spoil the party but there is a UK AmEx product with 2% Cashback

Well, it wasn't so much of a party as a "buy a new TV/VCR/DVD weekend" :D

Thanks for the info on the Plat card - might see if they'll swap the Gold one for that ;)

Cheers

Michael

--
Virgin virgin? Try it, you know you wanna :D
#25882 by Bazz
18 Feb 2004, 21:03
Michael,

From intensive research, I believe the Plat credit card cannot be enrolled in the MR scheme. [:(]

Bazz
Still Flying
#25890 by mcuth
19 Feb 2004, 01:37
Bazz

quote:From intensive research, I believe the Plat credit card cannot be enrolled in the MR scheme. [:(]

When I spoke to CS the other day about MR & moneyback, they said that no moneyback cards could be enrolled in MR - apparently their "codes" don't allow it. Shame they won't publicly acknowledge that, or at least make the online MR enrollment refuse. Mind, at least the plat would be another 1% moneyback without any loss in MR!

Still, on the bright side, the 5k miles for my Gold charge card posted to my FC account yesterday :)

Cheers

Michael
Virgin Atlantic