For all non-Virgin travel topics, with subforums for popular common themes.
#253959 by mike-smashing
04 Apr 2008, 21:10
Hi folks,

Having long had their US domestic Red Carpet Clubs served by paid for T-Mobile wifi, UA have finally entered the 21st Century by having an arrangement with T-Mobile whereby International First and Business Pax, certain other premium pax, and RCC paid memberships get you free access to the T-Mobile service, since April 1st.

If you're a full, paid-up RCC member, you just use your RCC membership number to sign on. Yes, I know it's open to abuse, but hey.

If you're there because you're a premium pax and eligible for the wifi access, you need to ask at the front desk for a scratch card, which is good for 24-hours access from first activation in any club - i.e. you can log off in one club, fly somewhere, and log on there within the same 24 hours using the same scratch-card PIN number.

The roll out seems a bit haphazard, in the sense there's all the collateral supplied to the desk and the back-end support on the hotspot is set up okay, but not all the staff seem to know about it. One 'desk dragon' at IAD flatly denied that such a thing existed, only to be 'corrected' by one of their colleagues (who then profusely apologised to me), who came to see why there was a queue building up (yes, I stood my ground and argued the toss).

Anyway, nice new perk. Don't look a gift-horse in the mouth, or something.

Cheers,
Mike