For all non-Virgin travel topics, with subforums for popular common themes.
#270 by rod10
15 Feb 2004, 23:21
With such an enormous selection of airport hotels, I would appreciate some advice on which one to use at LHR. Searching the net has left me wondering why I would choose one over another...
We will be staying overnight before taking VS19 to SFO. This is a leisure trip (celebrating my 40th birthday) and so I don't want to waste holiday funds on a lavish room for only 8 hours or so prior to our flight.
Can anyone suggest a comfortable and reasonably priced hotel that would fit the bill?
Many thnaks in anticipation.
#25804 by The_Banking_Scot
15 Feb 2004, 23:27
Hi rod10,

I like the Hilton at T4 ( free access by the Heathrow Express to T123)-depending on when you travle you may get a reasonable rate.

Other hotels are the Marriott ( Bath road)
The two Sheratons
Ibis ( cheaper but should be ok)
Holiday Inn

You can get the Heathrow Express to Paddington where there is the Hilton and the Metropole ( cheaper) a few minutes away.

Welcome to the forum

Regards

TBS

VS FC Gold
#25814 by jaguarpig
16 Feb 2004, 17:44
I always use Raddison Edwardian Heathrow must have stayed here 20 times and never had a bad experience. Book through http://www.holidayextras.co.uk/ about £99 off peak £140 peak with 15 days parking included, good rooms very good food.Get a taxi to term 3 about £6 get the hoppa back to the hotel on your return its the first drop off but the last drop when going to the airport.Just wish they would give flying club miles.

Chris Parr