For all non-Virgin travel topics, with subforums for popular common themes.
#902930 by mikethe3rd
10 May 2015, 15:18
Hello,

I don't think I've seen a topic on this... Looking at staying there for a few nights in October. Has anyone been? Reviews online seem quite complimentary.

I also noticed that as a Gold FC member, they upgrade you to the next room type. So I'm guessing if I booked the Grand Chamber King I'd get a free upgrade to the Grand Chamber Suite? T&Cs seem quite bare and given up on hold after 8 minutes.

Thanks,

Mike
#902933 by marshy11
10 May 2015, 15:44
I hadn't heard of it and just perused TA. The first half a dozen or so reviews are very mixed.

Hopefully you will find someone on here who has actually stayed there and can offer you some insight.
#902947 by mitchja
10 May 2015, 17:37
I did look....but soon dismissed it after the silly prices they where charging.
#902952 by slinky09
10 May 2015, 18:37
It is a nice hotel, a good alternative within its price range in the city and the lobby and bar are great fun. The showers are great and the Smegs are cool.

I met the CEO of the hotel group at a Virgin party and there are some great plans. But I can't help you specifically on the upgrade question other than to assume yes - you could always email the hotel?
#902965 by Hamster
10 May 2015, 21:58
I read that they have two penthouse suites but I can't find any information of what they are like? Are they not finished yet, or do they want them to be a secret?
#902995 by mitchja
11 May 2015, 09:28
JCBR wrote:how do you all know where this hotel is ?

It's in Chicago
#903066 by mikethe3rd
12 May 2015, 08:45
Thanks for your replies.

I finally got through to the hotel and yes, as a FC Gold you get upgraded to the next room and a free breakfast. I'm not visiting until October so if nobody beats me to it, I'll let you know my thoughts then.
#911019 by mikethe3rd
04 Oct 2015, 14:23
Night one was cool and would so far highly recommend this hotel. We've had our free upgrade to the suite for being gold and the minibar was stocked with my requests. This is my first hotel where a minibar Coke is cheaper than the 711 opposite!

Between 6&7pm there really is a 100% free full bar on the second floor. Show your room key and have whatever you want; very impressive.

Going to head for our free full English shortly before purchasing some new jumpers and scarves!

Great flight again yesterday. Slightly hazy and having recollections of playing 'name as many tube line termination stations' followed by 'the airport code game' with a superb CC. He even insisted we drink while we think. Now, how do I get shot of this hangover...
#911029 by Bretty
04 Oct 2015, 19:01
Glad it met expectations, do let us have some more feedback when your trip ends if you don't mind. It always useful info to have.
Virgin Atlantic