For all non-Virgin travel topics, with subforums for popular common themes.
#908394 by pjh
10 Aug 2015, 11:40
Possibly not the best day to be headed to Istanbul...

This trip is bringing back memories....the whole parking the car, getting the shuttle bus, queueing to check in. So retro.

Stansted has changed beyond all recognition since I was last here. There's some kind of weird Tardis effect in play, as the last time I was here the post security area consisted of WH Smith and an oyster bar. It now seems to have morphed into a Westgate.

Witnessed something sad at check in, with a family being denied boarding (or forced to leave one behind) as one of their passports didn't have 6 months to run. They should have been warned if they'd used the Turkish e-visa system, but I'm not sure that's compulsory yet...

The Escape Lounge is really quite pleasant. Newspapers, a range of free food and drink options (wine, beer, spirits from the bar, a buffet of cold offerings, pies) plus some pay as you go for champagne, branded spirits and more a la carte food. Views are largely blocked by the shuttle rail, but unless you're an afficianado of the A319 there's not that much to see.
#908395 by hiljil
10 Aug 2015, 11:55
Have a good flight and enjoy the view of the 319 's !!!! :D
Safe travels.