For all non-Virgin travel topics, with subforums for popular common themes.
#908590 by Daffodil
14 Aug 2015, 16:20
Due to fly home at 20.30 last night on Monarch ZB933 but the plane went tech, thus still stranded here in Tenerife. We were put up in a 4 star hotel for the night in Stanta Cruz an hours drive away from the airport, arrived there at midnight and no food or drink provided by the hotel until breakfast this morning, fortunately we had a snack in the VIP lounge before we left but there were a lot of children on the flight and nothing was provided for them on arrival not even a bottle of water. Taken from the hotel at 10.30 this morning with a departure time of 13.30 which as been pushed back a few times with an estimated departure time of 18.00 at the moment, the staff in the lounge have been great and are not imposing the 3 hour limit for our PP cards, we also signed in 2 other passengers who were running out of money the only help Monarch as given at the airport is a voucher for 6 euros. Now feeling really tired, fed up and just want to get home!
Sorry for the moan I hope everyone as a good weekend.
#908594 by Daffodil
14 Aug 2015, 17:10
Thanks buns. Not holding my breath aircraft still parked up on the outskirts of the airport apron were it was when we arrived this morning. Monarch now issuing more vouchers but I can not be bother to go and collect them, so still not looking promising.
#908595 by hiljil
14 Aug 2015, 17:25
So sorry to hear this. I do hope that you are soon on your way home and that everything gets sorted for you quickly. What a disappointing experience for you all. Do hope that you had had a good time leading up to this !
#908596 by jfenney
14 Aug 2015, 17:41
Sorry to hear about your woes Marie but think on the bright side Barbados in 90 so days on our trusted VS :-D . Hope you have a safe trip back I would say uneventful but it seems as you have had all that already
#908597 by mallin
14 Aug 2015, 18:21
Oh Marie,

I do feel for you especially in a TFS airport at least you have the lounge to be in. Don't forget to put your EU claim in even with them putting you up overnight you can still claim which I am sure you know. The weather is bad here lots of rain but supposedly brightening up for the weekend, lets hope you are home by then. Have a safe travels when all gets sorted. Linda
#908618 by Daffodil
15 Aug 2015, 12:13
Thanks everyone for your sympathy. We eventually took off at 18.10 , having to be bus to the plane still on the outskirts of the apron .
No hot food was loaded, all they had was just basic snacks, we were given a letter advising us to buy our own food at the airport before boarding .We were given 2 very small cups of complimentary tea or coffee during the flight.
I must say all the children on board were so well behaved considering their ordeal.
Thankful the flight went smoothly and we landed at BHX at 22.10 ( 22 hours late ) . A brave Captain came out of the cockpit to apologise and speak to all the passengers when we disembarked.
Unfortunately on our drive home the M50 was closed between the M5 & J2, which meant a diversion through country lanes via Malvern and Ledbury adding almost an extra hour before we reached home.
Linda and Eggtastico I did tell a few people about the EU261 and a few people did seem to know.
Jurgen thankfully my next 3 flights until the end of the year are all with Virgin. I hope you have a great holiday in Antigua and Barbados and your wife as a really nice time on her Birthday. Its such a pity we will only miss each other by a few days.
#908620 by hiljil
15 Aug 2015, 12:34
Oh my goodness, one would have hoped that after everything else you would have had an uneventful drive home !!

Thank you for bringing us up to date and enjoy your weekend !
#908632 by Daffodil
15 Aug 2015, 16:54
Thanks hiljil just finished the holiday washing and doing the shopping. It will be the ironing tomorrow, so not able to relax just yet
. I'm retired now though so should be able to take it easy next week.
#908634 by mallin
15 Aug 2015, 17:05
Thank goodness your home Marie you must be exhausted. Nearly on the HL scale of events.
Good drying day though. Bet your looking forward to your other holidays you have more than us, always planning the next one. All the best Linda :D
Virgin Atlantic