For all non-Virgin travel topics, with subforums for popular common themes.
#909724 by NorthernLad
09 Sep 2015, 18:02
This never used to be a problem, but on the last three trips we have experienced delays when travelling from MCO airport on Sunday afternoons around 4.00pm
The jams start at the end of 417 South when joining I 4 West, and are considerable - presumably folks leaving for home after a day in Orlando/Disney.
I was wondering if anyone had a tip for avoiding that junction snarl up?
- last time the trucks were crossing the grass to get onto I 4 West ahead of cars waiting in line.
thanks
#909762 by Sunseeker
10 Sep 2015, 10:39
Sorry that was ment to say only 1 till to pay from international drive sand lake road takes you pass the Florida mall and airport is well sign posted approx 25 min drive
#909795 by NorthernLad
10 Sep 2015, 21:03
Thank you Sunseeker for that reply and clarification - I was wondering about Lulu!

It was really about the problem we have getting off The Greeneway417 and onto I4 west when travelling from MCO - looking at Google maps using 417, 192, then 429 joining I4 West a little further down may be an option, but it may be that takes just as long as sitting in a queue.

Thanks again
#909796 by loonyball
10 Sep 2015, 21:20
i learnt some years back that the sand lake route is by far the better option at any time, much easier, one toll and less stressful. depends a bit where exactly you are going as well, i can be from the airport to my apartment near seaworld in 30 minutes without a panic.
Virgin Atlantic