For all non-Virgin travel topics, with subforums for popular common themes.
#909897 by joeyc
12 Sep 2015, 12:07
Good evening vflyers. This past week in Bali has been fantastic and I am very sorry to be leaving .. However onwards with my trip. Next stop Singapore (again) then onto KL.

The premier lounge is sadly far from stellar and I shall cover some of the more amusing shortcomings in a TR. KLM check in was also a bit of a farce and I get the feeling they really don't care about security here... Set metal detector off and was waved through being told I'd be fine... Errr ok then.

When I land in Singapore I will have a guess the sandwich competition for you guys to give you an idea of the lofty heights this lounge is reaching in order to poison it's guests. Sorry I can't start it now but I'll have to upload the photos when I'm on an Internet connection that isn't dialup.

They do have a nice balcony overlooking the terminal building and a plentiful beer and wine supply so enough of my complaining.

Happy travels all :cool:
#909899 by hiljil
12 Sep 2015, 12:15
Have another good flight !

I'm intrigued by the sandwich competition. Look forward to that ! :D
#910532 by joeyc
23 Sep 2015, 06:44
At long last and as promised the sandwich competition.... please identify how the following sandwiches were described to the unwitting public:

IMG_3616.jpg
IMG_3616.jpg (316.87 KiB) Viewed 1424 times

IMG_3617.jpg
IMG_3617.jpg (304.41 KiB) Viewed 1424 times
#910537 by joeyc
23 Sep 2015, 09:10
MoJoJo wrote:First one looks like ham or chicken salad but the second is unidentifiable! Makes what's on offer in the lounge at HAV look good though and that's saying something!

Sadly it was so much worse than just a plain chicken/ham salad and their claims as to what each were was crazy!! They definitely would violate the Trade Descriptions Act (or the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations for you EU fans :-P ).

I'll wait for a few more guesses to come through before the great reveal with photos of them on their trays with labels showing.... hold on to your hats for this one..
#910570 by joeyc
23 Sep 2015, 15:42
Just editing out my drunken slurrings from last night.... apologies V-Flyers :-?

Any more guesses? or should I just put y'all out of your misery? :-P
Last edited by joeyc on 24 Sep 2015, 06:44, edited 1 time in total.
#910574 by David
23 Sep 2015, 17:54
Ok Joey, since it's lunchtime here, I'll "bite"

1st one - honey cured ham salad sandwich

2nd one- chopped pork and courgette salad roll - no idea actually

My lunch will be from the Earl of Sandwich at DD and will be an Italian - Salami, capicola, ham, mortadella, mozzarella, Roma tomato, Italian seasoning & Italian dressing, which is probably more like your description :D

David
#910575 by cooperman
23 Sep 2015, 18:06
David wrote:Ok Joey, since it's lunchtime here, I'll "bite"

1st one - honey cured ham salad sandwich

2nd one- chopped pork and courgette salad roll - no idea actually

My lunch will be from the Earl of Sandwich at DD and will be an Italian - Salami, capicola, ham, mortadella, mozzarella, Roma tomato, Italian seasoning & Italian dressing, which is probably more like your description :D

David

Picture required please to authenticate your claim suggesting better quality food in DD....you're probably right though :blush:
Virgin Atlantic