For all non-Virgin travel topics, with subforums for popular common themes.
#910277 by Toph
19 Sep 2015, 08:39
It's beginning to look a lot like our holiday is going to be filled with eating.

They'll roll me back onto the return flight a very happy man indeed...

And pjh, I am just as much a fan of the Triple-D variety of joints as the swanky ones!
#910475 by Smid
22 Sep 2015, 15:22
Toph wrote:It's beginning to look a lot like our holiday is going to be filled with eating.

They'll roll me back onto the return flight a very happy man indeed...

And pjh, I am just as much a fan of the Triple-D variety of joints as the swanky ones!

I've always maintained that a trip to Vegas is an eating holiday for me. And drinking.

Guy Fieri's place is at the Linq now too, if you like DDD type of joints.

Man vs Food did do Vegas, and did Hash house a go go, which is at the Linq as well as a few other places, but I think it wasn't there when it was filmed, it was a different hotel. They did the NASCAR cafe in the now demolished Sahara hotel, HHAGG might have been there too. And there was Hot'n'Juicy Crawfish in "Chinatown in Vegas" (never been there and strikes me as strange to have a Chinatown in a non port city).

I've never felt the need to eat in The Heart Attack Grill on Fremont street, just seemed excess over taste to me. But that's one of those type of places.

Man Find's Food, another Adam Richman programme also visited Vegas, but in search of the more rare and hidden foods in places. Capo's Italian Steakhouse, Park on Fremont, The Pizzeria at the Cosmopolitan Hotel and Jamms. Never been to any of those....

But to me the most revisited place I got in Vegas is Ellis Island, great food, cheap beer, prime rib and a DDD type of place if there ever was one...

http://www.dinersdriveinsdiveslocations.com/las-vegas-nevada.html lists the DDD locations in Vegas. Never been to one. And not to any of Adam Richman's "The Best thing I ever ate" locations in Vegas http://www.bestthingieveratelocations.com/las-vegas-nv.html, but those might be more upmarket, never seen the show.

But a lot of those you will have to be quite mobile to reach, or be getting a few taxis. Will probably be far less mobile by the end.

I suppose there's a food challenge in trying to eat at a bunch of these though...