For all non-Virgin travel topics, with subforums for popular common themes.
#911089 by Daffodil
05 Oct 2015, 18:53
Discovered this hotel back in Febuary, it's now my favourite place to stay in London. Great service , quality rooms and just across the road from the underground. Afternoon tea in the executive lounge is as good as if not better than the afternoon tea we've had at the Ritz. Spent two days taking in the AI WEI WEI exhibition at the Royal Academy of Arts, the Tower of London, the Courtauld Gallery and side splittingly funny, The PlayTthat Goes Wrong at the Duchess Theatre. Returning home later tonight on First Great Western to Newport South Wales. Hilton have a Flash Sale on for the next 7 days in Europe and the Middle East so may be looking to book a few more nights here. Please forgive any spelling mistakes now on by 3rd glass of Prosecco!!! :-D
#911090 by starquake
05 Oct 2015, 19:18
Glad to here it's good as expect to be staying there myself next year!

Myself and the other half are ensconced in the lgw Hilton exec lounge now having a few sparking wines and nibbles. Throughly a great way to start a holiday ahead of the vs flight tommorow and the clubhouse. We were not anticipating the lounge but the 30 pound upgrade fee seemed a bargain considering we had a sale room so the total was less than the normal rate.

Have a good evening !
#911095 by Daffodil
05 Oct 2015, 19:49
Starquake you will definately not be disappointed with the Conrad London. Make sure your get an executive room its well worth it, otherwise it can be very expensive. We are very lucky Mr D is a HHDiamond member so we get the upgrade for free and they really look after their loyal customers here. Great price for the upgrade at Hilton LGW we will be there on the 25th of next month before our flight to Antigua. Have a great holiday!
#911098 by hiljil
05 Oct 2015, 20:20
Well initially you certainly had me puzzled as to which airport you were at !

Glad to hear what a great time you've had. I can remember how my sides hurt from laughing so much at "The Play that goes wrong".

Have a good journey home :D
#911100 by pjh
05 Oct 2015, 20:33
Not tried that one. I'll have to look out for any bargain Hhonor points offers...

Yours from the Exec Lounge at the Hilton in Warsaw where the bottles in the ice bucket are of the vodka kind.
#911119 by Daffodil
06 Oct 2015, 10:23
pjh wrote -
Not tried that one. I'll have to look out for any bargain Hhonor points offers...

Some nights rooms at the Conrad London are 32,000 points + £98 per night, considering they can be up to £300 and more a night its a good saving. They are from £215 per night in the 7 day flash sale at the moment. I hope the Warsaw trip is all going to plan.
hiljil, I hope you are having a great holiday look forward to the TR.
Virgin Atlantic