For all non-Virgin travel topics, with subforums for popular common themes.
#911619 by Treelo
14 Oct 2015, 14:21
My baby girl (she's 36 btw) is flying in from Germany (with BA ) for a hospital appointment at St Thomas' & Guys What's the best and/easiest way for her to get from LHR to Waterloo tube station? Ta.
#911625 by tontybear
14 Oct 2015, 16:30
Which hospital is she actually been seen at? Guy's or St Thomas' ? Although they are part of the same NHS Trust they are not co-located.

I would stick to the tube system rather than the train / tube combination.

If it's St Thomas' then Piccadilly line to Leicester Square then Northern to Waterloo or to Piccadilly Circus then Bakerloo to Waterloo. (I think the Leicester Square changeover is slightly easier then at Piccadilly Circus)

If Guy's then Piccadilly line to Green Park then Jubilee to London Bridge.
#911627 by Hamster
14 Oct 2015, 16:48
tontybear wrote:Which hospital is she actually been seen at? Guy's or St Thomas' ? Although they are part of the same NHS Trust they are not co-located.

I would stick to the tube system rather than the train / tube combination.

If it's St Thomas' then Piccadilly line to Leicester Square then Northern to Waterloo or to Piccadilly Circus then Bakerloo to Waterloo. (I think the Leicester Square changeover is slightly easier then at Piccadilly Circus)

If Guy's then Piccadilly line to Green Park then Jubilee to London Bridge.

TfL route as above would be £3.10 on oyster or a contactless bank card (as long as starting after 9:30am) or £6 cash single. (one way)