For all non-Virgin travel topics, with subforums for popular common themes.
#912640 by honey lamb
05 Nov 2015, 20:21
Anyone remember the post in August about a cancelled flight to DXB in November and the poster belly-ached because VS wouldn't pay for an extra night prior to departure from LHR and wanted to cancel/change? In spite of all our advices, he continued to moan about how inconsiderate VS was and eventually pitched this hissy fit at me:

hourami wrote:
I pray they cancel all your upcoming flights so we can all come on here and not sympathise with you and blame you for Virgin not being able to fill their flights and say its your fault for inconveniencing them by asking to fly on a specific date that you wanted to fly on originally and then laugh at you when your employer won't change your days off.

I'm done and out of this forum.

Well, his prayers were answered and last night I got an email from Expedia telling me my AMS-LHR flight on Monday week to connect with VS601 has been cancelled.

To quote Catherine Tate, "Am I bovvered?" Nope! I've been re-booked and it will mean less CH time but I'm sure my liver will be grateful for that.

So, sorry folks! No hissy fits, temper tantrums or throwing toys out of the pram. Sorreeeee!
#912642 by hiljil
05 Nov 2015, 20:33
Well I'm sorry to hear that your flight was cancelled and I am full of admiration for your fortitude ( but not surprised !) .

As you have managed to rebook I guess his prayers haven't really been answered ......
#912643 by Sunseeker
05 Nov 2015, 21:00
Sorry to hear about your cancelation but pleased you have managed to rebook.
I certainly remember the nasty piece of work that posted the comment.may they get many more cancellations for the comments they posted
#912646 by Bretty
05 Nov 2015, 23:09
Handled like a true frequent flyer, and a lady.
#912654 by slinky09
06 Nov 2015, 08:25
However, more time for gin in AMS ;-)
#912656 by honey lamb
06 Nov 2015, 09:19
slinky09 wrote:However, more time for gin in AMS ;-)

Oooh, I never thought of that! Silly me!! :blush:
#912659 by tontybear
06 Nov 2015, 10:36
Was it cancelled because you weren't going to be wearing appropriate shoes?
#912670 by marshy11
06 Nov 2015, 15:15
tontybear wrote:Was it cancelled because you weren't going to be wearing appropriate shoes?

Did we ever get to the bottom of the shoe thing?

The hissy fit may have been more entertaining….. :-D
#912694 by Concorde RIP
06 Nov 2015, 22:04
HL - that person praying for all your flights to be cancelled must surely be on the loosing side?

As a person of the cloth with the correct shoes, I'd have thought you would have priority!

Just think, the gin in AMS may be superior - or perhaps not...

Afterall, this is merely the first hitch in a journey that is surely going to be eventful (and borne with stoicism!)
#912700 by honey lamb
06 Nov 2015, 23:46
Concorde RIP wrote:Afterall, this is merely the first hitch in a journey that is surely going to be eventful (and borne with stoicism!)

I don't know. Given my last few flights when I was really scraping the barrel for disasters, I think I might have exceeded my quota.

Or perhaps not! You can only hope! :-D
#912702 by Concorde RIP
07 Nov 2015, 00:22
HL - Oh my - I certainly don't hope for disasters....

I hope for your brilliant TRs with the odd "event" reported in a way that is sure to entertain....

Safe travels HoneyLamb, and I trust your quota will not be exceeded!

Just make sure you have the appropriate shoe-wear this time complete with iPhone charger in the heel - a la Q style!
#912814 by honey lamb
09 Nov 2015, 00:41
buns wrote:Not a good state of affairs - but that said, at least you have had advance warning this time ;-)

buns

And I'm not throwing a hissy fit!
Virgin Atlantic