For all non-Virgin travel topics, with subforums for popular common themes.
#912829 by pjh
09 Nov 2015, 08:46
...but rather the Escape Lounge, Stansted. Self car parking and long (but swiftly dealt with) security queues negotiated. Sausage bap and coffee consumed. Excited to be off to Edinburgh for a couple of days, a city I love and haven't visited for a couple of years.
Last edited by pjh on 09 Nov 2015, 08:57, edited 1 time in total.
#912832 by hiljil
09 Nov 2015, 08:48
Have a great time.

Who needs a CH to have fun !!! :-O
#912835 by pjh
09 Nov 2015, 09:03
hiljil wrote:Have a great time.

Who needs a CH to have fun !!! :-O

Thanks. Not quite....fun....but certainly a better option than the totally rammed shopping centre that serves as the general area.

I have two days of business to negotiate, but at least an evening of fun. Possibly a pint of heavy and a malt of the day in the back room of the Oxford Bar will feature. And I get to ride a tram.

Just been called to gate. It will be interesting to see as the last time I flew Easyjet the only frill was speedy boarding. Nowadays it's effectively a multi class airline in terms of seating area on the aircraft and cabin baggage allowances....
#912851 by David
09 Nov 2015, 11:00
pjh wrote: And I get to ride a tram.

45 mins from EDI to Princes Street :-O but you do get to see some "different" bits of Edinburgh :D

Enjoy your visit to a bit of a blustery Scotland.

David
#912856 by pjh
09 Nov 2015, 12:15
David wrote:
pjh wrote: And I get to ride a tram.

45 mins from EDI to Princes Street :-O but you do get to see some "different" bits of Edinburgh :D
David

True. I used to see some of them as my commute when I was there for a couple of years was the 22 bus out to the Gyle. Still, quite exciting as I saw the first footings of the project and then the will it / won't it go to the airport, multiple diggings up of Princes Street.

May be the X35 from the HQ of the UK's favourite lower case bank into the city tonight though for as you say, it's blustery...
#912896 by pjh
09 Nov 2015, 19:52
@DL and Daffodil - the flight was as fine as a rammed to the gills EasyJet flight can be. They are very strict about the one cabin bag policy for those who have not chosen paid for the "enhanced" tickets, but luckily I'd researched that.

Unfortunately cloudy all the way so no views. Also bumpy on the way in.

Now in the Caley only to find my favourite Chinese restaurant closed for the night. What's a boy to do?
#912899 by Blacky1
09 Nov 2015, 20:28
pjh wrote:@DL and Daffodil - the flight was as fine as a rammed to the gills EasyJet flight can be. They are very strict about the one cabin bag policy for those who have not chosen paid for the "enhanced" tickets, but luckily I'd researched that.

Unfortunately cloudy all the way so no views. Also bumpy on the way in.

Now in the Caley only to find my favourite Chinese restaurant closed for the night. What's a boy to do?

I'm sure something will spring to mind Paul :-D :-D
#913022 by pjh
10 Nov 2015, 23:44
Blacky1 wrote:
I'm sure something will spring to mind Paul :-D :-D

It did, but it was neither big nor clever. Not been at my sharpest today as a consequence...
Virgin Atlantic