For all non-Virgin travel topics, with subforums for popular common themes.
#912919 by DragonLady
10 Nov 2015, 02:20
Not unusual but this time it's not immigration . We landed here a little while ago to find chaos as a suspicious package had been found and passengers moved out of concourse D. We're now in the hotel and can see dozens of planes backed up on the runway as all flights have been put on hold.
Glad we landed and are in the hotel as it was bonkers in there .......
Miraculously immigration was a doddle!!!! Out in minutes!!! :-O
DL
#912926 by hiljil
10 Nov 2015, 08:46
Are you staying at the hotel in the concourse, please ?

Last time I was there it was very shabby, rude staff and despite booking a "superior" room it was very small. I wondered if things had improved as I am, at the moment, looking for suitable alternatives close to the airport.

Thank you.
#912931 by DragonLady
10 Nov 2015, 09:21
hiljil wrote:Are you staying at the hotel in the concourse, please ?

Last time I was there it was very shabby, rude staff and despite booking a "superior" room it was very small. I wondered if things had improved as I am, at the moment, looking for suitable alternatives close to the airport.

Thank you.

No we're at the Pullman ( which until last week was the Sofitel).Its close to the airport and I got a good deal with Accor which includes breakfast . The Accir plat benefits ( c/o my Plat Amex) have been applied without having to ask and include a bottle of champagne and strawberries being delivered along with some drinks vouchers ( my VIP welcome gift at the NOVOTEL in Newcastle a couple of weeks ago was a small slice of stale cake !!!)
i don't know what the rest of the hotel is like yet ( it's 3.20 am) but the rooms are a fair size with a view over a lagoon to the airport .
DL
#912938 by hiljil
10 Nov 2015, 10:01
Thank you DL.

I guess your body is still on UK time !! Hope you can get some more sleep ....
#912958 by DragonLady
10 Nov 2015, 12:49
hiljil wrote:Thank you DL.

I guess your body is still on UK time !! Hope you can get some more sleep ....

Indeed !! Sleep has not been forthcoming :)
Lots on the news here this morning- a passenger on a departing AA flight was deemed to have suspicious hand baggage ( they'd let him him board though !!!!) . Armed guards went onto the plane and removed him after they 'd evacuated the rest of the passengers but it caused huge disruption. They have since deemed that his carry on posed no risk and released him .

DL
Virgin Atlantic