For all non-Virgin travel topics, with subforums for popular common themes.
#913277 by honey lamb
16 Nov 2015, 11:15
Good morning from a dull and overcast Amsterdam where I am currently ensconced in my hotel room before heading off to the airport for the next leg of my ex-EU flight to South Africa.

The trip here was bog standard - you should all know the formula by now! ;-) The only difference was that, because of the weather there were slight delays on all flights and our plane arrived from Tenerife about 10 minutes before departure time. After a swift turnaround, the flight was called. They weren't using an air bridge and we were kept in the stairway leading to the tarmac for about 10-15 minutes! This is something we would have experienced with Ryanair in the past but never with Aer Lingus. The reason was two-fold; one was that there were still two passengers on board who needed to be assisted off and then the plane security checked and the other was that they wanted us on board as quickly as possible as the airport was going to be closed shortly because of the impending high crosswinds and they wanted to get the flight out. Indeed we were hustled on board and in the heel of the hunt, were only 30 minutes late leaving. Later flights from Cork were cancelled and incoming ones diverted, with the exception of the return flight of our plane which landed after the winds had abated!

Talk to you all later. Oh, and remind me to tell you about the candle. ;-)
#913278 by pjh
16 Nov 2015, 11:33
honey lamb wrote:They weren't using an air bridge and we were kept in the stairway leading to the tarmac for about 10-15 minutes! This is something we would have experienced with Ryanair in the past but never with Aer Lingus.

SOP for EasyJet...

honey lamb wrote: and in the heel of the hunt

I had to look that up, as it a phrase I have not heard before. One to use in the future though..

honey lamb wrote: Oh, and remind me to tell you about the candle.

Consider yourself reminded.

Sounds like it could have been worse given the cancellations...

Bon voyage and safe trip.
#913289 by tontybear
16 Nov 2015, 14:03
Avoided the BA breakfast I hope.

honey lamb wrote:
Talk to you all later. Oh, and remind me to tell you about the candle. ;-)

Not more nun stuff? Hope you had the right shoes on.

Do you do exorcisms now?
#913290 by hiljil
16 Nov 2015, 14:21
And was it just one or were there four candles ?!

Hope you have a good flight to South Africa.
#913320 by Bretty
16 Nov 2015, 23:35
Watch out Sister Immaculata is on the move...
Virgin Atlantic