For all non-Virgin travel topics, with subforums for popular common themes.
#913448 by DragonLady
20 Nov 2015, 16:39
Well after lots of traveling in the past week we're on the move again but this time by bus.
I'd looked at flying and also the train and then thought about going by bus, so after a bit of research as there are a few operators who offer the route here we are :)
$27 one way from Washington to New York which I think is an absolute steal.
The bus is brand new with on board wifi and so far all is good. It's far less hassle than flying - a cab ride to the pick up point and cases loaded by the very helpful driver and we were on our way.
The only dampener so far today is Amex who have blatantly lied to me over the last week. The replacement card I was promised last week never materialised so further to numerous more phone calls last night and this morning a senior exec has admitted that it wasn't sent ( despite all the calls I've made to ensure that it had and the assurances from them that it was).
Thoroughly hacked off with them ( and that's putting it very mildly). The exec did admit " we've let you down badly " but that doesn't solve my problem.
Anyway New York beckons :).
DL
#913449 by hiljil
20 Nov 2015, 18:03
So sorry to hear about your ongoing problems with Amex just to add to everything else .

Have a good time in NY and enjoy the bus !!!
#913453 by DragonLady
20 Nov 2015, 20:03
The trip so far has been very pleasant - were just going past the runway at Newark so hopefully will be in the city in about half an hour :). You get s great navies of the skyline this way too :) .
I'm going to forget the Amex woes for the next few days ( as there's nothing I can do anyway ) .My insurance is within them and I just know that's going to be a nightmare too .
DL
#913454 by TimCrawley
20 Nov 2015, 20:30
Great deal on the bus, hope they finally sort out your Amex and rest of your trip is trouble-free!
#913495 by Eggtastico
21 Nov 2015, 21:55
I guess you was greeted with this view as you entered the city?

Never rule out the bus. Much cheaper than Train.
I got a MegaBus from Philly, reserved the front seats for the view (As I wanted to see the Skyline on approach).
Total cost for 2 - $25.50
Train was going to be over $100+. Bus got us in about 40mins later than the train would have arrived.

Bus pulled up right outside Penn Station, same as the Train was going to terminate.
Smack on the Redline line for our journey to Upper West Side Hotel (Blue line was opposite).
#913506 by joeyc
22 Nov 2015, 01:54
DragonLady wrote:
joeyc wrote:How long are you in NYC for DL?

Joeyc is currently in town :cool:

Flying home on Monday joeyc :)
How long are you here for :D .

DL

I'm here through Wednesday.

PM me if you want to meet up tomorrow or Monday.
Virgin Atlantic