For all non-Virgin travel topics, with subforums for popular common themes.
#913974 by dickydotcom
03 Dec 2015, 17:38
If you are only going Upper one way do you go outbound and enjoy the clubhouse, or back and enjoy the flatbed.
Me, I would come home Upper and sleep.
Some say, you can do that at home.
Very true, but also consider, Sainsbury's currently have Lanson Black Label on offer at £20 a bottle and they also have a buy 6 get 25% off. I only bought the one yesterday because I was on the motorbike. So I'm going to have a practice clubhouse weekend at home.

Dick D
#913980 by Bretty
03 Dec 2015, 18:25
ooh I don't know if I could choose. I don't sleep terribly well on flights, so whilst I appreciate the flat bed, its not necessarily for sleep, so I'd probably go outbound for the clubhouse too.

I got 6 bottles of Bolly on the Sainsbury's deal, reduced to £30, then 25% off for 6+ and then another £9 off voucher got me 6 bottles for £21 each. :-D

Enjoy your clubhouse practice weekend, I like your style! :cool:
#913985 by marshy11
03 Dec 2015, 19:29
Having just landed back in Blightly from a flight hotter than the island I left - I would cherish outbound and the experience rather than the return and a sauna......but in true V Flyer fashion, I would find a way to UC both ways!
#913994 by ultreen1
03 Dec 2015, 23:10
Bretty wrote:ooh I don't know if I could choose. I don't sleep terribly well on flights, so whilst I appreciate the flat bed, its not necessarily for sleep, so I'd probably go outbound for the clubhouse too.

I got 6 bottles of Bolly on the Sainsbury's deal, reduced to £30, then 25% off for 6+ and then another £9 off voucher got me 6 bottles for £21 each. :-D

Enjoy your clubhouse practice weekend, I like your style! :cool:

That's a good deal isn't it John!! How did you find out about it?

Won't say how many cases of bolly we've bought...but my cellar fridge resembles that of Edina monsoon!
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (32.63 KiB) Viewed 2237 times

Back to topic...

I'd have to pick clubhouse over a bed...dtci over a bit of bed linen...who am I kidding if I can't do it both ways I'm not going!!! :cool:
#913998 by Bretty
04 Dec 2015, 00:07
OMG Darren!
#914041 by Smid
04 Dec 2015, 16:49
As for the "I can do that at home", I can also sleep at home as well... :)

If it's a simplistic "I want to be able to sleep", which seems very much to the american way given that westbound rewards are much more available than eastbound, fair enough. If I could sleep on a plane at all, I think I'd be able to do that in both an economy seat as well as a business class one. However, less so a PE seat because I find the recline makes me feel sick and the person in fronts recline makes me have my knees in my chest....

So to me Upper has the lie flat seat, but I have never once had it turned over into bed form in the 6 returns in upper. Westbound definitely for me, from Heathrow. Lovely lounge, attentive staff if you are lucky. bar and enjoying myself. Eastbound, just sleep? Won't get any... And more likely to get a drink in Upper.

Of course, its a waste to go just the one way...
Virgin Atlantic