For all non-Virgin travel topics, with subforums for popular common themes.
#916394 by HWVlover
26 Jan 2016, 16:07
Currently at 34,000 feet over the Indian Ocean.

And, having been given an operational upgrade to FIRST at the gate in Abu Dhabi, you can safely assume that I am having a simply brilliant time. Currently resident in suite 2A on the Etihad triple 7 and I am enjoying every moment.

The only trouble is that there are only five hours flying time left to Melbourne.

I wonder whether I can persuade the pilot to go round again?

:-D :-D :-D :-D
#916395 by hiljil
26 Jan 2016, 16:11
How fantastic !

Continue enjoying and I look forward to a detailed TR please !
#916401 by HWVlover
26 Jan 2016, 16:58
Still 4 hours and 24 minutes left of this fabulous fun
:-D

image.jpg
image.jpg (74.31 KiB) Viewed 3512 times
#916409 by HWVlover
26 Jan 2016, 17:30
joeyc wrote:Nice one :cool:

How does it compare to EK?

My Emirates First was also on an extended range triple 7. The EK suite was much bigger widthwise and had much more bling. This is cosier, still got plenty of bling however . Seat/bed is very comfortable and I slept well.

The food and drink offerings on both are high quality but, right now, this one, which continues, probably shades it....the chicken I had for dinner was the best chicken I have ever eaten on a plane.

All the other touches are the same, jim jams, nice amenity kit, slippers, higher quality headphones. This Etihad cabin crew are proactive and fun...the F and B manager is great and the girl looking after me is lovely.....helped perhaps because she is Hungarian and owns a HWV.

I will do full reports later.

Now it is time for breakfast and as we are over Australia I feel a glass or two of champagne is essential in celebration...even if it is only 3.27 am local.

Cheers,
David.
:-D :-D

PS and it is so nice to have wifi which works. It cost US$21.95 for the whole flight.
#916411 by joeyc
26 Jan 2016, 17:38
HWVlover wrote:Now it is time for breakfast and as we are over Australia I feel a glass or two of champagne is essential in celebration...even if it is only 3.27 am local.

Cheers,
David.
:-D :-D

Cheers to you David, enjoy the champagne and what is left of the flight :cool:
#916412 by ultreen1
26 Jan 2016, 18:33
Lucky you! Enjoy the champagne and the rest of the flight.
#916423 by Bretty
26 Jan 2016, 22:23
How simply marvellous, enjoy it all and tell us all about it.
#916425 by tontybear
26 Jan 2016, 22:37
Can I just say that David is being as equally insufferable on facebook.

But Big Roo has been alerted ...
Virgin Atlantic