For all non-Virgin travel topics, with subforums for popular common themes.
#917271 by sungod
13 Feb 2016, 12:33
if you need an airport hotel at AMS this month, there's a nice points bonus at the new hilton - double base points plus whatever you get for hhonors status

stayed one night this week and just noticed i received 10,000 points for it :)

booked in an atrium view room, but at check-in they upgraded me to an exec with an outside view, i could see aircraft on one of the runways but the sound proofing was near perfect

the room was pleasant but made a bit cramped due to having both sofa and large comfy chair, as well as a desk chair, crammed in, excellent wifi speed, nespresso machine, tea stuff, and a big bathroom with generously sized walk-in shower

the exec lounge was cosy with some basic snacks and hot drink machines, the bottled drinks, beer etc. weren't locked up when i was there in the afternoon, it was open from 0600 with a basic breakfast buffet

there's a bar in the atrium with plenty of sofas and other seating around, i had a good evening meal in the restaurant, food/drink prices remarkably reasonable for a hilton

it's accessible from inside the airport central hall, but hilton signage isn't visible until you are near the access corridor, which runs along/past the world trade centre, c. 750m walk after exiting customs, i was told some people get a taxi, i guess if you were carrying heavy bags that could be attractive!