For all non-Virgin travel topics, with subforums for popular common themes.
#917868 by hunterdwmgzt
23 Feb 2016, 19:40
Hi all,
I'm told that as a Flying Club member, we can get a discount on the north terminal No. 1 lounge.
A couple of queries:
1. Does it matter that we are not flying with Virgin
2. Do I book directly on the No. 1 website, or do I have to go via some link on the Flying Club website?

Many thanks,

D.
#918006 by Donkeh
26 Feb 2016, 16:11
gumshoe wrote:Oh ok, shouldn't be too busy that early. Apart from a couple of flights BA don't really get going until after 7am so I wouldn't expect the lounge to start getting busy until about 5.15-5.30.

I flew BA Club Europe to Faro on Wednesday, 8.05am flight. I arrived at the lounge around 6.30 and plenty of room. It did get busier, but still plenty of room when I left.
#918007 by gumshoe
26 Feb 2016, 16:27
I'm in it right now!

Very busy when I arrived at 2.15 - long queue at the bar and 30 minute wait for hot food.

An hour later - much quieter, plenty of seats, no wait at the bar. So it's really down to pot luck whether you hit a peak or a trough (although obviously it'll be considerably busier in the run up to BA's long haul departures).

Incidentally someone on Flyertalk was saying the new No.1 Lounge has just opened at the South Terminal so if anyone's there over the weekend, reviews welcome!
Virgin Atlantic