For all non-Virgin travel topics, with subforums for popular common themes.
#917870 by sungod
23 Feb 2016, 20:18
on early non-VS flights, i used to go to the cafe rouge, now closed, or f&b's, now closed

the prunier doesn't open until 0600, i've never been impressed by the wetherspoons, and the no.1 has nothing i fancy

i think there're a couple of new places open, but i've not tried them

any recommendations for a civilized brekkie, scrambled eggs & salmon for instance with a glass or two of bubbly?
#917881 by TimCrawley
23 Feb 2016, 23:07
Must admit I used to just grab a sarny at the Upper Crust if not in a lounge so not well versed in the classier options you're probably looking for but there is a newly opened Grain Store airside at the south terminal (only been open for 4 weeks) that has a breakfast menu. If you try it then please post a review for the rest of us :-)

There's a brief review on the link below that mentions the power breakfast (hope it's ok to post the link but if it has to be removed by a moderator then look up the gastroblog on hot-dinners) and some nice drinks mentioned too. Allegedly open from 4am.

http://www.hot-dinners.com/Gastroblog/T ... re-gatwick
#917886 by LucyLu
24 Feb 2016, 00:16
I'm also interested in this as we fly in May and always use F&B before the last couple of trips to the CH......used to like F&B because it was away from the hubbub and good food, good service
#917899 by sungod
24 Feb 2016, 09:30
ok, sounds like the grain store could be worth a try, thanks

i'm flying in may too, though may do an earlier trip as well, i'll update with a review
#917900 by LucyLu
24 Feb 2016, 11:36
I'd welcome any recommendations from anyone, preferably table service breakfast. In F&B I usually had scrambled eggs, bacon and bagel or something like that (and, no, I don't want a Bacon and Egg McMuffin from McD's thanks!) with a good freshly squeezed orange juice and a good coffee
#917999 by LucyLu
26 Feb 2016, 12:27
Traveller2 wrote:We always eat in F&B. Food pretty good and quick service.

Correction....You always USED to eat in F&B, it's closed now :-(
Virgin Atlantic