For all non-Virgin travel topics, with subforums for popular common themes.
#918865 by gilly
16 Mar 2016, 17:25
Looking to book a couple of weeks or so in Barbados in June next year - using reward flights hopefully. We have stayed there a few times, most recently at the Hilton - which didn't like, and Crystal Cove - which was ok.

We are early 60s and like to be comfortable with decent food, but not Sandy Lane prices! We'd like to be West, so can any Barbadian afficionados recommend somewhere please?
#918874 by jfenney
16 Mar 2016, 21:41
Hi Gill,

Are you looking for all inclusive or B & B type hotels. I presume you want to stay in St Lawerence Gap area?
#918880 by Aquarius
16 Mar 2016, 23:36
I stayed at the Mango Bay in September 2015 would recommend. It was our first time in Barbados, so nothing to compare with, but plenty of people staying there were returning customers.
#918889 by marshy11
17 Mar 2016, 09:41
Turtle Beach.
#918908 by LucyLu
17 Mar 2016, 17:08
jfenney wrote:Hi Gill,

Are you looking for all inclusive or B & B type hotels. I presume you want to stay in St Lawerence Gap area?

Last time I went The Gap wasn't on the West coast!

You would get a good response from the Barbados forum on TripAdvisor, there are quite a few West coast people on there. I can't help as I always go down south.
#918971 by SNOMO
19 Mar 2016, 12:53
Colony Club, nice area, lovely staff, beautiful hotel, nice little beach, great food, upgrade to have own entrance to small pool outside your french doors, cannot recommend it enough. Far nicer than Sandy Lane IMO (although rooms much larger plus balcony in SL) and nowhere near the price.
#922066 by Bombardier
30 May 2016, 09:53
I'd like some advice on Barbados as well please, I along with my wife stayed at the Savannah Beach hotel in Hastings quite a few years ago booked through Virgin holidays.
Next year I've decided to have a break from Jamaica for various reasons and plan on Barbados.
I'll be traveling alone and the same as the OP will be using reward flights, my question is two fold, firstly any recommendations for a nice bed and breakfast property, beach front would be preferable but no preference on location.
Secondly, how do people usually book their accommodation? directly or through an agent or booking site?
Thanks in advance for any advice.
#922070 by Daffodil
30 May 2016, 10:47
Hi Bombardier
I haven't stayed there, but you could take a look at the Hilton, its on the beach, they have a sale on at the moment and you can book direct.
jfenney as stayed there so he might be able to give you more information.
#922071 by Bombardier
30 May 2016, 10:56
Thanks for that Daffodil, we stayed not far from the Hilton last time we were there, I was probably looking for a B and B just so I can take some time out away from the crowds.
I'd like to have a couple of weeks seeing the real Barbados and feel that staying in the large hotels seems to hinder doing just that.
#922079 by Neil
30 May 2016, 14:03
Have a look at Breach View, we stayed there last year and might offer what you are looking for. Can't recommend it highly enough.
#922203 by LucyLu
31 May 2016, 23:00
I would recommend Coral Mist/Blue Orchids in Worthing. CM is beach front and BO is ocean facing. They are operated as separate hotels but are owned by brothers and share grounds (2 small pools), activities desk, gym etc. They are within walking distance of bars, restaurants and supermarkets and are on the main south coast road that gives you easy access to all the south coast beaches. They are 30ish rooms each and have a restaurant onsite for breakfast, but also have full kitchens (great to keep the Banks cool!).

I've just got back (yesterday) from 3 weeks there, so PM me with any questions. Usually cheapest to book through hotel sites such as Travel republic.
#922219 by panther384
01 Jun 2016, 10:49
We stayed at the Club Barbados which is next to the Sandy Lane resort. The staff, food and location are excellent. All inclusive including the water sports, plus free walking tours in the morning before breakfast the get the appetite going. OH and no kids under 16 which is a big bonus.

The rooms are clean but the hotel in in the process of upgrading but don't let this put you off. One of the best holidays we have ever had. Easy walking distance to Holetown and the shops plus the bus stop is right outside for the yellow regge bus into Bridgetown for an experience.
Virgin Atlantic