For all non-Virgin travel topics, with subforums for popular common themes.
#919899 by Cocobay7
11 Apr 2016, 19:44
Hi,
So decided recently to venture into collecting HH points, I know of various routes to collect like staying at Hilton properties, HH credit cards, Virgin to HH, Clubcard to Virgin to HH, erewards / emiles but does anyone know of any other routes for collecting HH points?
Many thanks
#919907 by hazban
11 Apr 2016, 22:17
You mention Hilton CC.
I have a Hilton Hhonors card from Barclays which gives automatic Gold status, subject to a minimum spend per year, so you get points on all purchases, extra for hotel stays and bonus hotel points for stays as a Gold member!
Simples!
#919910 by pjh
11 Apr 2016, 23:09
If stating at Hilton properties, make sure you sign up for any offers they have for double points and so on and check your reward settings. I'm not convinced that the VS miles to HHonors points exchange is good value.
#919912 by Maximus
11 Apr 2016, 23:42
If you have a top tier status at another hotel chain HHonors will match this and upgrade you to Diamond status. We did this and now get additional points when we stay at a Hilton brand hotel.

I convert mine to VS miles.

The HHonors Barclaycard is a great way to get a free night at a top hotel when you spend your first £750 pound (Weekend stays only).
#919917 by Cocobay7
12 Apr 2016, 07:42
Other than the ones i quoted, is there any other ways outside of hotels and credit cards you can collect HH points in the UK?
#919919 by pjh
12 Apr 2016, 08:14
Cocobay7 wrote:Other than the ones i quoted, is there any other ways outside of hotels and credit cards you can collect HH points in the UK?

Car hire with Avis. If you're not signed up to HeadforPoints already I'd do so as he is a great source for additional offers and boosts.
#919945 by Cocobay7
12 Apr 2016, 17:34
Thanks, I read HFP daily but no many HH points offers come up. Found today the HH shopping portal, signed up but the earning rate is not as good as other sites I've found, must keep an eye on bonus offers.
#919946 by marshy11
12 Apr 2016, 18:16
I think it helps to 'think outside the box' and not look for HH points especially, but for points that you can convert.
#919947 by Cocobay7
12 Apr 2016, 18:38
marshy11 wrote:I think it helps to 'think outside the box' and not look for HH points especially, but for points that you can convert.

Already checking daily offers on Virgin to convert to HH and clubcard etc.
Other hotel loyalty schemes when I researched appeared very poor value to covert to HH unless you can advise me of any decent conversion ratios to HH.
Thx
#919957 by Cocobay7
13 Apr 2016, 09:28
Maximus wrote:If you have a top tier status at another hotel chain HHonors will match this and upgrade you to Diamond status. We did this and now get additional points when we stay at a Hilton brand hotel.

The HHonors Barclaycard is a great way to get a free night at a top hotel when you spend your first £750 pound (Weekend stays only).

Are Hilton still honouring Accor or IHG status? Raffles on HFP stated yes but somewhere else they stated No.
#919962 by Maximus
13 Apr 2016, 11:18
Cocobay7 wrote:
Maximus wrote:If you have a top tier status at another hotel chain HHonors will match this and upgrade you to Diamond status. We did this and now get additional points when we stay at a Hilton brand hotel.

Are Hilton still honouring Accor or IHG status? Raffles on HFP stated yes but somewhere else they stated No.

It's been a while since I got mne but if I recall correctly Raffles suggested giving it a try regardless .
#919970 by Cocobay7
13 Apr 2016, 20:42
Problem is I don't have at the moment status in accor or ihg but I could if I knew I could get hilton status match.
Virgin Atlantic