For all non-Virgin travel topics, with subforums for popular common themes.
#920281 by mikethe3rd
21 Apr 2016, 01:11
Evening,

Just wondered if anyone knew of a site where it's really easy to check hotel rates. I really like using ITA Matrix for flights and was hoping there was something similar for hotel bookings.

I tend to use Trivago and play around with dates but when I can be flexible with dates it would be handy seeing a long rate albeit broken down into nightly rates.

Mike
#920933 by Sealink
07 May 2016, 21:27
Much more tricky as many hotels are refundable up to to day of arrival, so guests can book multiple hotels which skewers availability.

Closest thing is new start up TripRebel which gives an inkling of how prices will change, and will amend your booking to reflect new lower cost.
Last edited by Sealink on 08 May 2016, 02:30, edited 1 time in total.
#920934 by Karen w
07 May 2016, 21:53
This looks pretty cool, I have a lot of hotels booked direct via the Hilton app for our road trip, checking hrs prices each week and seem to be able to save by rebooking/amending booking.
#921092 by serenawell
11 May 2016, 21:06
Karen w wrote:I really want someone to say yes to this! Want to book virgin Chicago hotel but hedging my bets at the moment that the price might drop

I am looking at Chicago hotels for July at the moment and WOW they are expensive :-O
#921100 by Karen w
11 May 2016, 22:56
Virgin is really expensive, I'm keeping my eye on it though, hoping fo a dip, but will end up booking just for the tesla I think - car mad 10 yr old, have a reservation with Palmer house Hilton that's not too bad. Try looking at SF or even better (worse!) Monterey for mid August, will make Chicago look like a bargain,
Virgin Atlantic