For all non-Virgin travel topics, with subforums for popular common themes.
#920888 by pjh
06 May 2016, 15:51
Front Page

Millions, I tells ye. Presumably why it's taken over a month to get the story. That said, it must be awful if it happens to you.
#920896 by tontybear
06 May 2016, 21:54
We've discussed this several times before in the past few months so it is not 'news'

I understand that VS and BA have been emailing passengers a couple of weeks before their flights about this as well.
#920899 by Hev60
06 May 2016, 23:29
Firstly this story wasn't only in the Daily Mail, it was covered by the BBC & LBC radio today, to probably name just a few.

Nope it's not a 'new' story because as you say it was discussed at length on v-flyer when the US Boarder Control announced the changes many months ago. My travel partner was travelling on one if those old passports and didn't get a new one :-O before we went to the US back in March. The immigration officer did point out to her "this kinda passport will not be valid in a couple of weeks"

I think the story is 'news' now because it has been highlighted and then reported to the 'media' that someone has been denied boarding. At least they didn't get all the way to the US immigration point! Some friends of mine went to Orlando during 2nd week of April and they apparently did not get an e- mail from Virgin regarding the new passport regs for the US.

I actually think there will be many people out there who are extremely grateful that this headline was splashed across the Daily Mail this morning because it has made people aware of the issue. The passport office is going to be busy :D