For all non-Virgin travel topics, with subforums for popular common themes.
#921045 by David
11 May 2016, 08:51
Just signed up for Hertz Gold Plus Rewards - normally (for the last 20 odd years) have used Dollar express which is usually very good at Orlando, but for this trip seem to be out of the ballpark with their prices.

Has anyone any experience of hertz at Orlando and how it works ? Do you go straight to the garage like dollar express ?

thanks

David
#921050 by Fuzzy14
11 May 2016, 10:09
My usual is Alamo, book them in a variety of ways (direct, Virgin Holidays, Netflights) plus you get VS miles and they have the skip the counter. Maybe worth checking if they're competitive. Sorry I've not used Hertz.
#921057 by Neil
11 May 2016, 12:33
Yes, I'm a Hertz PC member so have used them for the past 10+ years, including many MCO trips. You just go straight to the garage and your name should be on the board and then, you just drive to the gate barrier and the agent there issues your paperwork.
Do remember to go to Hertz at the A side if you are flying in on VS otherwise you'll have to go in to the counter in the garage to get assigned a car.
#921058 by Vegascrazy
11 May 2016, 12:41
I've been using Hertz in USA for years never with an issue.

As a Gold Plus Rewards member you go straight to the car that's been reserved for you (you'll either get a text confirming parking bay number or your name will be displayed on a digital board) and you simply drive off, showing driving license on exit. At some locations your rental agreement is hanging from the rear view mirror, at others they give it you on exit. If you want to swap the car (at no cost) that's been reserved you just select a car you prefer from the Gold Choice rows and take that instead.

If it's a smaller location (like a desk in a hotel) they have your envelope containing car key & rental agreement all ready, you just show driving license - no paperwork to complete or anything to sign.
#921081 by hazban
11 May 2016, 19:03
Very convenient way to get to your car, straight to the garage and off you go!
Seem to remember on the first rental you are advised to go to the counter, don't queue at the main one, go to the office in the garage. Once you have presented licence, credit card etc you are good to go, in future you can go straight to your allocated car as described by others.
#921111 by David
12 May 2016, 08:18
Excellent, many thanks for the replys.

I've emailed dollar to ask them why they are 3 times the price as hertz for the same make of car for the same period, so its looks like we might change suppliers if the don't come back with a nice discount code.

The recent changes to dollar express had made the pick up so easy.

(hertz was around $300 - dollar $940 :-O )

thanks again

David
#921165 by Neil
12 May 2016, 18:27
The price difference is more bizarre when you think Hertz now own Dollar.
It's a good point made above, with it being your first reservation, you will almost certainly have to pop in to the desk in the garage.
Virgin Atlantic